Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Reciprocity for CWB and INWC and CSWIP's to CWI's
- - By In10Cifyd-Clyde Date 12-16-2009 02:59
I would like to know how the Inspectors that have put in the time and paid the money to pass the AWS CWI Certification Exam feel about The American Welding Society doing what apears to be passing out CWI's like (though be it expensive) candy, in the form of reciprocity, and what impact they expect it to have on the demand for the certification they've work so hard to obtain?
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 12-16-2009 04:36
Is what your saying that aws is handing out Cwi cards to those inspectors who have these other certifications without taking the cwi exam.
then we should likewise be cross qualified to the above certs without taking their tests. are these canadian certifications??
Parent - By 3.2 Inspector (***) Date 12-16-2009 05:56
I would like to ask why you dont do your homework.
To go from CSWIP to AWS you need "part B" examination.

Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-16-2009 14:49
Okay,  I don't know rather to say 'Welcome to the Forum' or not when one's first post is not well stated, not backed up with more specifics, and appears to be trying to raise hostilities.  And by one who totally hides his identity from others. 

'Reciprocity' is a two way street.  We have some with other Agencies (ASNT for example, Level II VT), other countries (Canada, Europe), but in most cases there are some tests required to prove competence to their system and visa versa. 

Yes it is hard worked for and earned.  But that doesn't mean that if we have reciprocity agreements that they in any way 'CHEAPEN' the value or impact that an AWS/CWI has.  It is a very honored achievement.

Don't think I will sign out with my normal wish either, not until you explain yourself.   Brent
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 12-16-2009 15:18
In10Cifyd-Clyde
Welcome to the Forum
I can tell you that I am not concerned at all.
Just like everything you will have real good inspectors and you will have not so real good inspectors.
But like 3.2 Inspector has mentioned why don't you research the program a bit before making general accusations.
http://files.aws.org/certification/Reciprocity_pkg.pdf
Again Welcome to the Forum
Marshall
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 12-18-2009 16:54
I could give you some information, but it seems you like to express your opinion anonymously.  Why should anyone reply to you with meaningful information? Who are you.  Why are you so anonymous?? 
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Reciprocity for CWB and INWC and CSWIP's to CWI's