Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / AWS Policy on Death Threats from a Forum Member? (locked)
- - By awspartb (***) Date 12-16-2009 23:44
Just wondering what the AWS policy is in regards to a forum member threatening violence with a firearm against another member on these forums.  Also, what's the policy in regards to vile private messages being sent to other members?   Thanks. 
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 12-17-2009 12:32
We don't allow death threats or vile messages.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By awspartb (***) Date 12-17-2009 16:12
Please check your private messages.  Thanks
Parent - - By awspartb (***) Date 12-18-2009 00:32 Edited 12-18-2009 00:35
To Ross AWS Marketing:

That's nice to know Ross.  I'd like to point out that the person who threatened to shoot me with a firearm and sent me two vile private messages is still posting all over this forum.  It's nice to know AWS is on top of this and won't tolerate internet death threats.  Thanks Ross.   
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 12-18-2009 01:00
Let me be very clear that if you feel threatened, it is imperative that you refrain from using the forum until you feel you are out of danger.

Ross
Parent - - By awspartb (***) Date 12-18-2009 01:16
Will do.  This will be my last post until I sort this out.  I trust that my private info is SAFE from this mental defective threatening me with a gun?  AWS will deal with this person?  Thanks.
Parent - - By awspartb (***) Date 12-18-2009 02:48
Ross,

The person threatening me with a firearm  claims he knows you (via ANOTHER vile Private Message) and that you won't do anything to him.  It appears to be true as he's still posting away here and sending profanity laced messages to me.

Thanks for the help Ross.  It's nice to know that AWS doesn't tolerate this behavior.
Parent - By ross (***) Date 12-18-2009 12:32
You can click on a user's name and it will take you to their profile. Then click on "Ignore." That will block them from sending you PMs.

Ross
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / AWS Policy on Death Threats from a Forum Member? (locked)