Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / weldable "sealer"
- - By cfrancis (**) Date 12-17-2009 14:33
Guys

Not sure if this topic is for this forum, what will start here.
We have a project which consists of RSW welding some drawn stamped brackets to the inside of a large fender for the construction industry. The customer wants a "sealer" placed inbetween the 2 components and then spot welded. Apparently it is some kind of conductive product made for this application. The purpose is to provide corrosion properties between the 2 surfaces.
Does anyone have experience with this, could provide any leads to these products ? *** Also, instead of RSW welding, this could be changed to GMAW welding, and they may still want this sealer between. I certainly have a concern with this as far as porosity and so forth.
If anyone can provide any input, opinions or leads,,it would greatly be appreciated.
Feel free to email me directly as well.

Thanks
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 12-17-2009 15:15
cfrancis
Here is one.
http://thermotuff.net/pdf/weldthrus.pdf
Good Luck
Marshall
Parent - - By cfrancis (**) Date 12-17-2009 16:12
Marshall

Thank you very much, this product looks to be exactly what we need. Sure appreciate your knowledge !
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-17-2009 19:07
I doubt GMAW would be a possibility.....considering what this stuff does when its heated up.   I think you would have impossible contamination problems trying to run wire around this stuff.
Parent - By cfrancis (**) Date 12-17-2009 19:13
I agree with you totally... Thank you all for your help here.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / weldable "sealer"