Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Electric Error Code 4213, Invertec V350-PRO
- - By Mat (***) Date 12-22-2009 01:27
We have a machine at work that keeps flashing this code number.  It tends to weld fine after shutting it off and turning it back on, but at seemingly random intervals it goes dead and flashes Err 4213 on the digital read outs.  Does anyone know what the problem is?  My gut feeling is that the circuit board is fried, but don't quote me on that.

Thank you.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 12-22-2009 02:57
Weak input.
Your poor machine just aint gittin enuff juice to keep'r goin....
Seriously, Had a similar problem...don't remember the exact code, BUT...Get this (3 phase), we killed the power to the plug, took some "Brasso", wire tooth brushes, and Q-tips. Cleaned the contacts (recpticle and reciever/male and female) until GrandMa would've eatin' off of them, and VOILA!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED.
When the truck won't start, clean the battery cables...............
Parent - - By Regmanager (**) Date 12-22-2009 13:07
I can't find that error code in any service books. Are you sure it's not just 2 numbers? Without taking any wild guesses your machine may be over heating and shutting down on thermal overload. Are the fans clear? Have you blown out the machine lately? Look close again at the error code. Here are the codes, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 39, 43, 44, 47.
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 12-23-2009 02:32
As I recall, the company that I'm working for had that same issue.  The number isn't in the codebook.  I'll verify the displayed number when I'm back to work after the holidays (back to work on the fourth)

It could very well be that the machine isn't getting enough juice, I never even thought of that.  When it's working, it runs like a dream.
- - By borsuk12 Date 03-21-2018 21:06
Lol I had exactly same issue and this post is 8 years old LOL
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-26-2018 20:06
This clip is from a "Powerwave" so I can't say for sure it's the same error.
- By 357max (***) Date 03-23-2018 02:10
Is the shop wired with a common ground? ie all machines are sharing the one ground?  You may try an individual ground to all machines back to the panel. Seems to work with Lincoln Inverters
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Electric Error Code 4213, Invertec V350-PRO