Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Where to find high pressure fittings
- - By pipehead (***) Date 01-05-2010 03:01 Edited 01-05-2010 03:06
Does anybody know where I can get high pressure brass fittings?

My problem is on the new rig I built I mounted my gauges in the tool box and had to remove the nipple that connects to the bottles. I know this 1/4" pipe thread but the high pressure fitting have more of a taper then standard pipe.

so for know I took the fitting off of a couple of old gauges, cut the large nut off and brazed two together to make my own 90 deg elbows. But would like to find the right ones. they have to be male by male and high pressure on both ends

Finally got it completely finished but this is bugging me!
hope this makes sence, and thanks for any input.

here is a pic of the one on the O2 gauge so you can see what i'm talking about.
Parent - - By Rig Hand (***) Date 01-05-2010 03:29
I have a book (product catalog) from Praxair that I got a few years ago. It has 20-30 pages on fitting for all types of cylinders/regulator/manifolds for every gas. I could tell you more but its at my shop.

Might check with your local welding store and look thru there catalogs.

PS: You wasn't driving East on KS HWY-68 about a week ago was you? I met a rig that looked a lot like yours.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-05-2010 03:39
I checked with airgas where I normally do business and they were lost. I'll have to see if we have a praxair i think the closest one is about 150 miles.

Nah wasn't me I've been over in the panhandle and raton basin
Parent - - By Rig Hand (***) Date 01-05-2010 04:05
You can probably check with any welding store. You'll probably have better luck looking thru their Victor or Western catalog YOURSELF, the guy behind the counter isn't going to look very hard. Their is a lot of parts/fitting out there for oxy-act. manifolds which is basicly what you have. I will look thro my book, but it will be later in the week. Maybe someone else already knows where and what to get. good luck
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-05-2010 04:08
I was thinking western since thats who made the stainless lines from the bottles but my weld supply didn't have there catalog.

P.S. where in KS are you running
Parent - - By Rig Hand (***) Date 01-05-2010 04:25
I would call ahead to make sure they have a Western catalog before driving 150 miles. Or maybe go to Westerns website, if they have one.

I live down by Greeley, KS but I work mainly in Kansas City at Magellan's stations. I get out of town every few monthes up into MO, IA, and NE.
Parent - By pipehead (***) Date 01-05-2010 04:31
Yeah think give them a call tomorrow.

Ah good deal..atleast your staying busy.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-05-2010 23:54
I think all Airgas employees are "lost". i went into the airgas in enid and wanted to buy a couple of sumner jack stands and they said they would have to order them....i told them that i would drive down the street to Munn Supply as they had them in stock.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-06-2010 00:19
Try buying anything that has to do with pipe up in my area. It's impossible I went into the the Big R in Dumas when I was down there working last week and they had a better supply!
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-06-2010 01:13
ya working in the plant north or east of Dumas?
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-06-2010 01:36
line repair between sunray and goodwell OK
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-06-2010 03:02
El Paso NG suppose to replace that one west of Amarillo that blew out sometime this year and reroute it. 
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-06-2010 04:04
That's what I heard this one was for them as well
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-06-2010 04:18
That's good to hear maybe they are now going to catch up on being behind on some old lines.
Parent - - By Roadtrash (*) Date 01-06-2010 01:28
I ordered a set of 6 of the Sumner fold up jacks from Air Gas. They had to order them. 2 weeks later they still don't have them and have no idea when they will get them. Told them to ship them to my house and they were on my front porch the next day.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 01-07-2010 02:00
Munn Supply in enid oklahoma has over 100 jacks in stock! Phil orders them by the pallet load. I have been buying them off of craigslist lately for $50 bucks each. i bought 15 jacks during christmas break.
Parent - By oklawelder (*) Date 01-07-2010 04:37
i bought 10 new in bags in liberal at airgas for 65 a pop
Parent - By Jssec (**) Date 01-05-2010 13:16
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 01-06-2010 19:09
Try Swagelok.
Enter their site www.swagelok.com and search for their nearest distributor. They have distributors all over the USA.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Where to find high pressure fittings