Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / remotes
- - By LongArc (**) Date 01-05-2010 03:42
Im a single hand. I'm working of of a Sa-250. It has 4000 hours its awesome, except for one thing, you cant hook up a remote to it. I was thinking. Is there a away to install a remote in your whip so it can regulate (turndown) the amount of electricity to your stinger. I like to run it hot, I turn it down for my 7018 cap.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 01-05-2010 03:50
Hello LongArc, I don't know which particular SA-250 you have, but even if it doesn't have a provision for "plugging" in a remote, you can likely install one. It may require a bit of creativity on your part and if you are willing to share a bit more information about your specific machine I would believe that there are a few folks on the forum here who could help you out with accomplishing it. I believe, KSellon, Fixalinc, Remeger(hope I got that right), or possibly a few others could help you out. Post up the machine specifics regarding ser. no. and such and I would bet they can be of help to you. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-06-2010 04:35
This is the one Weldtron in Alice TX sells.

http://www.weldtron.com/products/Remote%20Controls/Pipeliner%20Remote%20Amp%20Control.htm

Their online technical support is very good too.

http://www.weldtron.com/technical/technical_support.htm

That wireless True Remote one sure sounds nice too first time I've seen it.   
Parent - - By Mike Brace (**) Date 01-05-2010 14:40
LongArc:  There is a wireless remote made for your machine go to www.trueremote.com and you can buy it on line mention Mike Brace told you about it.  This remote works great.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-06-2010 00:44
Those look pretty cool but I bet they are pretty spendy???? I didn't see where the would work on a sa 250.
What does one of those run?

Weldtron makes a remote for a sa-250, and I believe it can also be wired for a cables remote (don't take word for that one though) A friend of mine runs a 250 and has a remote.

weldtron.com
Parent - By thewelder (***) Date 01-06-2010 01:43
Hi All the webside is truremote.com or tru-remote.com, no "trueremote.com".
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-06-2010 07:33
They told me their one for SA200 & 300D would work but ouch $1750 less $100 at $1650. 
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 01-06-2010 16:20
I think I'll stick with my weldtron for a little less then 400
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-06-2010 20:13
What I understand about it you spend that and still need a Lincoln remote for it to plug into.  It's a nice idea but needs to be refined a bit, add a grinder plug but right now cost too much. 
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / remotes