Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Stinger powered extension cord?
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 01-13-2010 01:03
Looking for a "thing" that attaches to a stinger that allows a grinder to be used without a "regular" extension cord. Is there such an animal? Heard about it from a friend, and now must try one. Any leads, let me know!  Thanks!
Parent - - By argoncowboy (**) Date 02-04-2010 23:39
I have built one a long time ago when I was welding heavywall chrome and didnt want to drag anymore crap to the weld than I had to. If I remember right you run a wire off of each side of a regular 110 female plug. One side attaches to the pipe that is grounded and the other side is attached to your stinger completing the current. This only works on AC/DC tools since this is a DC current
Parent - - By Marsh Welding (**) Date 02-05-2010 00:08
did you figure out what is wrong with your shorthood?
Parent - By argoncowboy (**) Date 02-05-2010 11:25
still in the shop, I'm still welding with my 250 and missing my 200 a little more every day, LOL
- By empire welding (**) Date 02-10-2010 01:54
http://www.pipefitter.com/dolphincart/category.php?cat=Cat0026.  I don't know if you found what your after, but i hope this page helps.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Stinger powered extension cord?