Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS D1.1 Insp & Qualif in China
- - By showfx Date 06-07-2002 16:50
does anyone know who to talk to for AWS D1.1 inspection & qualification in China?

can any individual CWI perform this work?

regards.

alex
Parent - - By Wildturkey (**) Date 06-07-2002 17:20
if the construction specifications ar wrote to AWS D1.1 then a CWI will meet the requirements for inspections with the exception of NDE (RT, UT, PT, MT.....)
Parent - - By showfx Date 06-07-2002 17:50
thanks for the reply.
what does NDE stand for?
if we have the steel weldment drawing designed and stamped by a PE, and do Pre-WPS and WPS according to AWS D1.1, what's involved for a CWI as far as the inspection and qualification are concerned?

regards,

alex
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 06-07-2002 19:36
None Destructive Examination
Parent - By Wildturkey (**) Date 06-10-2002 11:47
if you read section 6 (Inspection) in the D1.1-02 code book it list all the duties of the inspector.......PS I went to your web site....the seats look interesting...maybe there will be some in my area soon
Parent - By Hero-hern Date 08-04-2002 10:13
I am not so sure whether you need qualification training of AWS D1.1 or CWI individuals in China.
Parent - By Hero-hern Date 08-04-2002 10:17
I am not so sure whether you need qualification training of AWS D1.1 or CWI individuals in China.

Maybe You can visit AWS website for training information in China.
To my knowledge there were CWI training classes and exams in China.

Good luck!
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 08-16-2002 14:09
I think the necessity for a CWI is entirely dependent on the concerns of the designer and customer. If there is any regulation in China specifying a CWI then I could see it. If not, you could qualify an experienced local welding engineer (or even a good welder) yourself. On the other hand, I've been involved in products and fabrication where it was worth the extra dollars to send a qualified individual from another country to the US to attend classes and become certified. At this point, it's your call.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS D1.1 Insp & Qualif in China