Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / When you have had a look at the picture...
- - By Stephan (***) Date 01-19-2010 19:46 Edited 01-19-2010 19:51
... you are allowed to have three guesses on who of the proud German AWS Section members has written this message!

:-) :-) :-)

P.S. It was a great and unforgettable meeting for me by the way! ;-)
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-19-2010 19:56
That is a lovely shade of red.
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 01-19-2010 19:59
Like I did say so often, John!

YOU are truly unique! :-)
Parent - - By kipman (***) Date 01-20-2010 13:38
John,
Does the lovely shade of red to which you refer apply to the faces of the gentlemen in the photo?  I'm guessing it was after the social hour.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-20-2010 13:45
LOL...no comment...LOL
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 01-20-2010 13:48
Kip!

Had a long and deep laugh on this one! :-)

Well observed, to say the least!

Honestly speaking it was after lunch and after I read what you stated I tried to remember what they did serve, since I had just a coffee.

Chili? Extra spicey..? Hmmm... might be an option! :-)

Take care,
Stephan
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 01-19-2010 20:00
You certainly appear to be the happiest one there (biggest smile). :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 01-19-2010 20:04
Wooooooooooooowwww!

I am your fan!

Please believe me John. I was really, really happy that I was allowed to talk to such famous people!

By the way, Mr Victor Matthews is a really great Gentleman. Impressive, to say the least, and... very likeable!

Thanks for guessing, John! :-)
Parent - - By rodofgod (**) Date 01-19-2010 22:17
Hi All!

Nice Picture!

I agree with jrw159, the biggest smile!

But I do have two more guesses!

Regards
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 01-20-2010 08:17
rodof,

there's a few things I do really appreciate, and there's a few things I do really like.

Amongst others I appreciate your tremendous welding experience (a must for me to using this opportunity to mention this here finally).

And amongst others... I like your guess!

Oh, I almost forgot. I also like British tea!!

PG Tips Rules! :-)

Stephan
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-20-2010 08:31
Hi Stephan!

The Red tie was a dead giveaway being that I know who you work for!!! :) :) :)
Then again, I already knew what you looked like even though I have never met you personally yet, that is! ;) Good to see you again Friend!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 01-20-2010 10:33
Henry,

cheers for your kind message!

"...even though I have never met you personally yet..."

I'm looking forward to change this condition someday! :-)

All the best!
Stephan
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 01-20-2010 12:10
Stephan,
  I must also confess, it was not a guess. I also know what you look like from past pictures. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 01-20-2010 12:30
Did you get Vic talking about his fire fighting skills.  He's still a volunteer fire fighter ya know.  I agree about him being a very impressive guy.  Can't say anything bad about a Fire Fighter. ;-)  Cool pic of you and all the big shots of AWS!! Thanks for sharing..
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 01-20-2010 14:00
Ray,

I had the great pleasure to already meet Victor once before in Singapore, Summer 2009.

There we had a wonderful conversation about... welding! :-)

In particular we spoke about the strange situation which is also well-known as 'being hooked' to welding. He told me that he's with Lincoln for 40+ (?) years - hope my memory serves correct - and this says a lot about a company. In other words, he must feel very well there.

What I was extremely impressed by however was, that he saw me in Essen at this meeting, and it really seemed to me as he could remember me.

And as one pursues all the loads of loads of appointments he has to take during his AWS presidentship, this is really impressive. And as I said. He is very likeable! :-)

All tbe best,
Stephan
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-20-2010 17:03
I diddn't play because I've already had the pleasure to meet the man (Stephan)

As usual he is swimming with the big Fish...  Last time I saw him he was with Al Moore (another big fish)

I'm told the the money folks are still trying to get me that Feronius CMT system...  Man it would be nice...  It would also give us more to talk about...

Cheers  Stephan
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 01-20-2010 19:04
LOL Lar!

That was a really excellent one again!

But as I am considering this...

You might be right - as usual. There were a couple of occasions meanwhile where I was blessed to 'swim with the big fish'! :-)

This must have been also the reason at that time when I was blessed to meet YOU and "BIG AL" in Chicago! :-):-):-)

I will never forget this. Surely!

By the way. "Man it would be nice..." What a compliment for the system coming from one of the Great ones!!

Our Marketing folks are dreaming of such statements!! :-)

Take care and... THANKS!
Stephan
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / When you have had a look at the picture...