Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Corrosion + Abrasion Resistance Material
- By kk_chiong (*) Date 06-08-2002 02:28
Currently, I am working on a small project where the mixer paddle of a fertilizer factory is facing severe corrosion and abrasion problems. working environment contain 99% concentration of Ammonia Nitrate and work at 175 Deg C. Mixer all the raw material to produce slurry and even composition before drying. The paddle wear in very fast and the current life span is approximately 6-7 weeks. Base metal used currently are 304 stainless steel and hard faced with Chromium Carbide. The welded CrC seem to face intergranular corrosion attack and break out rather than wear in. I suspect the CrC wear due to Corrosion and assist by abrasion situation. My cuurent suggestion is to overcome this problem with 40% NiCrBSi base matrix with 60% Tungsten Carbide. Is this a good procedure to coat the paddle surface as the price is very very much higher compare to CrC hard facing? Look towards your advise & Comment. Thanks & Regards, KK Chiong.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Corrosion + Abrasion Resistance Material