Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Assoc degree in welding
- - By Terry Vititoe 2 (*) Date 01-25-2010 16:50
Does anybody know of a school where I can get an Assoc degree on-line. I have 39 credit hours from Ivy Tech in welding

Thanks
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-25-2010 18:26
Tough question.

Alot depends on what you want your degree to be in... If your welding credits can be applied to another program... and if your Ivy Tech hours are transferrable.

If you have sufficient Welding, BPR, Fab credits and all you require is math, communications, social science etc. You may find a college that will accept your Ivy credit hours toward a welding technology Associates...

I suspect you will have to approach each college individually and give transcript copies to the councilors for them to determine your viability and what else you will need for the diploma.

Lot's of online folks will accept other credits as long as you take a sufficient amount of theirs... (they need money) 

Many traditional community colleges also have online/self-paced offerings that some of your welding credits may apply toward.  Like industrial engineering.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Assoc degree in welding