Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WELDER BROKE OR NEED TUNE-UP????
- - By rmarten (*) Date 01-26-2010 14:13
My name is Rick Marten.  I own and operate Sparky's Welder Repair, LLC.  I live in south central Oklahoma.  My business motto is "I will come to you!"  I have over 14 years experience in welder repair.  If you need some work done or just some information just drop me a line or give a call.
sparkysrepair@hotmail.com
(580) 371-6494 cell
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-26-2010 14:46
Hey Rick!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-26-2010 18:33
I am glad to see he had a backup plan instead of just counting on that mind numbing song!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-26-2010 19:12
I couldn't help myself..

Forgive?
Parent - - By rmarten (*) Date 01-27-2010 14:47
Thanks guys, like I haven't heard that one before!!!!!!!!  Just kep me in mind for repairs, tell your friends.  I need the work.
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-27-2010 18:42
Staying busy ?   Slow actually slower than last year still here.  Put your email & phone number on profile here and run some ads on craigs list or other places too might help some?  Get yourself ready for the ice and snow we are sending over that way later.
Parent - - By rmarten (*) Date 01-28-2010 15:03
Things are just starting to show signs of coming back.  I have ads on craigs list and am trying to get my name out there more.  It is getting awful cold and dreary here, brrrrrrr!!!
Parent - By Regmanager (**) Date 01-28-2010 15:45
Hi Rick, Hopefully now that the new repair budgets have come in work will follow. We were dead here in Nov and Dec. But January has opened the flood gates and we are swamped. I hope you will see some come your way. Joe
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-28-2010 19:58
A few more jobs have started again for guys here but cattle feedyards and dairies aren't going to be spending anything yet barely staying afloat during this and more probably going under yet.  We got 6" or more of ice sleet snow drifting up to 17" last I measured.  Most all major highways are closed here till blowing lets up and they get more plowed out.  I'm not all dug out yet.  66 deg yesterday 20 today lol.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-28-2010 20:26
I am in Towanda PA and I need a tune up. When can you be here ?
Parent - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 01-28-2010 23:26
LMAO!!!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-29-2010 03:01
Cactus, You are only about 3 hours away from Fred Spezio's jet dragster, if You are still interested, You might look Him up when You get the job done.
Parent - By mopar52 (*) Date 01-30-2010 00:11
cactusthewelder, i can get you a number for a guy in troy, pa. thats good. if you realy do need it tuned up
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-30-2010 22:44
I heard those Vantages never need tune ups or break down ?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-31-2010 06:46
I just wanted to know if he will REALLY come to where I am at
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-31-2010 10:25
i'll be there in june with wrenches in hand. You have to be freezin ur a$$ off up there
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-31-2010 14:14
Its pretty damn cold ! Thats for sure
Parent - - By 63 Max (***) Date 01-31-2010 14:54
Cactus you working on the shale deposits? I'm in the Uniontown PA area welding on a compression station. Once we are done on this one we will be moving just a few miles to the next station.  Looks like this area is going to be great for a few years. All the big Oil & Gas Companies are going to be here.  I'm from Ohio so the cold is just part of life around here but the older I get the more I hate the cold.  I think we will see alot of the members of AWS in this area soon.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-31-2010 15:23
I agree with you 100%. I have met several here already from aws
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-06-2010 02:30
speaking of which, I'll be going back to my stomping grounds in Lycoming county and the Pittsburgh area hopefully soon.  PA ain't that cold, but living in southern california has made me feel lazy, it's too warm to ever feel like winter.
Parent - - By sjkelly328 (**) Date 02-02-2010 01:37
who are you working for i am also in uniontown doing some work
Parent - By 63 Max (***) Date 02-03-2010 03:02
I'm working for R&R Pipeline. We are doing compression stations for Williams.
Parent - By NMWELDING (**) Date 02-03-2010 17:50
I`m not from this area but I hope the drilling for this natural gas does go on for a long time. From what I understand there are people,mainly enviromentalists,who are raising a fuss about all this drilling which includes fracturing the producing formation. They are concerned about ground water contamination. This is on going in the New York state area. These people like all the luxuries that natural gas provides but don`t want companies to drill for it.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 02-03-2010 05:10
Anyone would if it paid enough would think isn't why you went.  More ice and snow coming tonight & Thur and again Sunday.
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 02-01-2010 16:12
The Vantages are ALWAYS needing tuned up!!
Parent - - By tim105 (**) Date 02-01-2010 23:48
okwelder82
Maybe you can tell me when I should get my machine tuned up or when the computer is going to go out. It seems like you know a ton about these machines.
It's been running fine for 3000+ hours, but maybe you know more about these machines than I do. So should I buy me a computer as a spare and keep it in the truck or just go ahead and buy me two extra Vantages just in case this one goes out. As far as going to a different machine, I just can't see myself downgrading.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 02-02-2010 00:04
If OkieDokie would spend more time minding his own buiss. than he does worrying about mine, He would be better off. His parents must be out of town again., You can always tell when he is left at home alone. He sneaks on thier computer and starts Sh*t
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 02-02-2010 01:02
Why is it that Cactus can say things like "Lincoln shouldnt make any welder other than the Vantage" and nobody says anything to him about it, but when I voice my opinion about a machine its like the world is coming to an end. O and Cactus "buiss" is not a word, since your always so worried about spelling.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 02-02-2010 01:58
Jealous ?
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-04-2010 12:11
ok since no 1 will say it i wll ill put my old 200 against ur shiney vantage any day of the week and yes i can back it up and u know it i hope this passifys okie for a while im tired of him cryin all the time so jus let me know when ur ready by the way you cna have ur choice you want me to use the red face or the green light machine it dont matter to me hell ill jus hook the leads and walk away lol
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-04-2010 12:14
whats it like driving around up there i only have 2 wheel drive
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-04-2010 13:33
Is it front wheel drive??? ;) :) :) Just kidding!!! :) :) :) You should come up to PA Shad! ;) The people here are nice and there's plenty of work up here as you can see... Heck! You may end up liking it so much that you'll be kicking yourself in the butt for not coming up here sooner! ;)

Now I don't know exactly what Dwayne is doing but from what I understand, He's a "Ringer" for Nomac and Chesapeake because of his expertise in drilling rigs which means that if they needs some more help, he could probably put in a good word for you then again, that is strictly up to him so I don't want to put him on the spot so to speak. ;)

I read that Nomac is looking for a structural supervisor in Mount Morris, PA who's got plenty of experience working on drilling rigs... Here's the listing... Wait! I'll PM it to you instead!;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 02-08-2010 15:10
it is usually bad plug connections to the board and not board failure. Failing to notice this bad connection in a timely manner will result in board failure due to burn out of the connection. L12400 board $340.00
Parent - - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 02-02-2010 01:27
I've got a buddy and his vantage seems to die out of the blue.  no specific reason at high idle or low, welding or not, doesn't seem to matter.  He had it worked on got back to the job site and it's back to doing it again has to restart it 20 to 30 times a day.   Any ideas what could be causing this?  I'm not on that job with them but have seen it do it in person we assumed it was something electrical but could'nt hunt it down.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-02-2010 01:53 Edited 02-02-2010 02:03
I would add a fuel pressure gage just before the injector pump, and see if there is fuel pressure when it starts to die. Asuming it has electric shut off, I would add a pilot light to that circut too.

Edit: Perhaps some prick is turning it off when nobody is looking. I know of a situation where they squirted oil under a guy's new car every day in the parking lot so He thought it had a leak.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 02-03-2010 05:16
Would check the fuel tank and fuel is clean and fuel system solenoid and switches first.  Then maybe electrics ?  Still has warranty ? 

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/products/service/

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/products/service/servicedir.asp
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 02-08-2010 15:09
there is an 'inline' fuel filter EVERYONE seems to miss on the tune up. The machine will run about 2mins then die. wix 33263 is the part number for that filter. Other than that I would check the belt tension and engine temp sender these failures will cause the machine to shut down after 10 mins of operation.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WELDER BROKE OR NEED TUNE-UP????