Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hawkins ,Tx
- - By DHPatton (*) Date 01-30-2010 02:03
Well folk I have been reading about a job that Exxon Mobil is going to fund a job in Hawkins, Tx. I want to get home and can't seem to find any contact info for this particular job. Does anyone have any info about this one? Hope I am not letting the cat out of the hat on this one. I am honestly surprised that no one has talked about this one sooner. There are quite a few articles on the net but no contact numbers any help on this one would be great. Thanks fellas.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-30-2010 22:44 Edited 01-30-2010 22:46
The company is called Ni-ject. They have been at the Exxon plant in Hawkins for years. They inject Nitrogen into the ground and push Oil to the top. They are just going to expand their operations. I welded ( All Stainless Tig) some inline filters for them a couple of years ago. They use the Thrust from 747 Aircraft engines to spin the turbines that inject the Nitrogen. I have been to their facility many times. I hope there is alot of work for welders but, Knowing the operation, I dont see alot for us. If you want to go there, it is easy to find. Highway 14 north out of Hawkins. Turn right beside the Brookshires Grocery Store. Their office is behind the Exxon Plant about 2 miles on the right.
Parent - - By sjkelly328 (**) Date 02-02-2010 01:43
i was told there is a company called bobbit construction hiring welders for that plant. i don't kn ow a number for them.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 02-02-2010 01:56
I have a friend that lives about 1/2 mile from there. Ill get him to check it out
- By DHPatton (*) Date 02-03-2010 02:04
Thanks for your help fellas. I called a talked to a salesman at ETOX. He said they had a salesman trying to go out there on a weekly bases trying to get some business from this project and he said he didn't think that they would be hiring until mid 2010. Again thanks for the info if anyone has any contact numbers it would be great.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hawkins ,Tx