Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Accredited Testing Facility
- - By strother (***) Date 02-13-2010 02:15
I have been trying to schedule a weld test at Gwinnett Tech (in Georgia), which according to the AWS website is an accredited test facility.  Contacted the head of the welding department by email and phone in November because we were headed into our slow time of the year and I need to get welders certified for upcoming jobs.  I have sent several emails and left numerous phone messages. Got one vague email response in December.  Have not been able to get any other response since.  I do not want to lose work because somebody else will not do their job.  I am just wondering if anyone else has had this much trouble scheduling welder certification with an AWS accredited test facility particularly Gwinnett Tech.
Parent - - By Robert48 (**) Date 02-14-2010 16:07
Norfolk Southern in McDonough Ga
Parent - - By strother (***) Date 02-14-2010 17:20
Thats the one I am going to try next. Thanks
Parent - By Robert48 (**) Date 02-16-2010 01:44
I have been through the same thing with them. The guys at NS seemed pretty cool on the phone and I think it's pretty much mon thru thur 7 to 5.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Accredited Testing Facility