Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wierd Test
- - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 02-21-2010 21:15
A friend of mine got a call for a job with 3 test.  The first two are your standard 6G test.  It is the last one that I am unfamiliar with.  He said his going to have to have a small run sitting on jacks and lay out and cut one end for a 45 elbow; then I am assuming another short pup piece then layout and cut for a 90 elbow.  And then another run of pipe and another 90 and then the last pup come down and saddles into the original run sitting on jacks.  I never heard of anything like this.  I am asking strictly for my own curiosity.
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 02-21-2010 21:37
I don't work w/ pipe at all, but keep in mind an employer can add or ask for any additional test they want to make sure the person can perform the expected job.  This sounds like that type of situation, maybe this is a typical connection that they do all the time, or maybe its a connection they do very rarely but they want to make sure that if they need it done, that the guy can do if needed.
Parent - By Blaster (***) Date 02-22-2010 00:05
Sounds like the company has its act together. 

It always has amazed me how many outfits will give a test that does not closely (or sometimes even remotely) match production work, hire a guy, pay him to foul up several days or even weeks worth of production materials, run him off, only to go though the same ordeal with the next guy who shows up.

IMO there is nothing more important that an organization does than hiring.  Yet for some outfits it seems to recieve a low priority.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wierd Test