Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Section IX/B31.1/B31.3 Endorsement - Anyone have it?
- - By mbrush (*) Date 03-03-2010 17:58
I'm interested in getting this endorsement to fulfill my 9-year re-cert requirement. I see that I can sign up and take a test at one of the test facilities. Is there any kind of self-study material available for this endorsement, or am I on my own? I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has it to see what they did.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-03-2010 20:47
Been there and done that.

The examinations are not too difficult if you have worked with Section IX and the pressure piping codes.

I've taken Section IX, B31.1, and B31.3 courses with ASME several years ago just to make sure I had my head on straight. They helped me gain a better understanding of those codes and how to apply them to my work.

You may be smarter than I am and you may not need to take the ASME courses to learn how to navigate the codes, but most mortals need the training to better understand how to apply the code. Using the ASME code sections are not for the faint of heart.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Section IX/B31.1/B31.3 Endorsement - Anyone have it?