Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beware Patterson UTI drug test
- - By Big J Date 03-17-2010 00:30
They are starting to do hair folicle test on all contractors at all locations,and rig up yards.
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 03-17-2010 01:27
Why would that be bad???
I dont like dope nor do I like to work with people who do dope.
You can beat the pee test, you cant beat that follicle test.
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 03-17-2010 01:29
I have heard of guys that had long hair and years earlier had smoked dope and he popped positive.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 03-17-2010 01:58
And whos fault is that ?  There is a Bigger Post on this issue under Welders Exchange
Parent - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 03-17-2010 02:02
I am in no way defending this guy I never met him the guys that took my sample were telling me about it.  I have also been in a jobsite trailer waiting to urine test and they had to call in security to take this guy out. They caught him with one of those fake bladders straped to his leg with clean piss in it.  I laughed then to people just dont want to have to be held responsible for the consequences to the decisions that they make.
Parent - By weaver (***) Date 03-17-2010 12:32
thats good there testing.  who wants to work next to someone thats high.. not me
- - By tigrooter (**) Date 03-17-2010 02:58
Sounds like i may need to head over to tyler.
Parent - - By Johnyutah (**) Date 03-17-2010 03:20
This is a very good thing I wish guys had to give a hair test every year when they got there renewals on there certs. Also I for one can not understand the complaints no one made you do it and if it's more important to you than a job then it should be easy stay home and get high lots of guys need the money.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 03-17-2010 04:20
AMEN
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-17-2010 14:42
In 1984 I saw a pier crane operator, on coke, two block a single man lift. The guy in the lift was paralyzed from the neck down. Maybe if there was screening back then, that wouldn't have happened. I'm all for it!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 16:55
I've been on a job and wish they did that. Guys would go to lunch off the job and come back smelling like a french whore. I asked a guy what happened one time, "you spill a bottle of Polo in your lap?" He said, "No, it's air freshener to hide the pot smell." Was sitting up on some scaffolding fitting some copper and another guy climbed up and asked the soldering guy how much he wanted. Cash and some funky pills swapped hands. Just thought to myself, be glad when I get off this job. If your gonna be a puffer head, do it after work in your own home, but be dried out, clean whatever when you show up on the job, I got a family at home that likes when I come home.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-18-2010 01:09
Got a good friend who has been popped and run off 4 good aerospace jobs, even did a three month rehab at company's expense, and was still smokin....you would think by the age of 56 one would grow the hell up!!!   I quit building boilers in the shop years ago because of all the tweakers...I had it made in that shop but I could not stand working a big flange or something off the crane with a guy who was either jonesing his but off or high as a kite.   I could care less if you get high, drunk or what you do at home.....when I got to work beside you if you are stoned it is MY business at that point.  I used to smoke weed, I did it off work not at work...same goes for beer or whiskey.

The sad part is, your typical stoner can do it ONLY on his own time and still get popped on a test.   I guess till it is legalized like alcohol it will remain that way.  It is not fair, it is not right but that is da rulez of the game right now.   Work by them or find something else to do for a living.

my $.02
Tommy
Parent - By Robert48 (**) Date 03-19-2010 00:00
Here in GA a senator (R) is trying to pass a bill that would require a person to be able to pass a random drug screen to be able to get gov benifits such as welfare, unemployment etc. I am all for it but it can't get any traction because it is "discriminating".HA HA I wish they would test at our company every week to weed out some of the idiots.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beware Patterson UTI drug test