Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How do I spell cheek my posts
- - By rfieldbuilds (**) Date 03-17-2010 01:35
HA HA, Gotcha. Seriously, anyone have a recommendation on spell check of posts prior to posting.
RF
Parent - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 03-17-2010 01:46
There are some applications that you can download but I dont know if they will work with AWS' site.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 03-17-2010 02:00
Ask ROSS to add a spell check feature
Parent - By vagabond (***) Date 03-17-2010 03:37
I wuldn't woree abowt it if I wur u.  Nowone els dues. . . . . and being thee anully retentuv bunch of azzholes that we al ar we luv tu f**k with peeple abowt it everee chanse we get!!!!  Nobody really thought I was going to leave that one alone did you???
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-17-2010 03:41
My email program has spell checking...  If I'm unsure about a word/phrase I'll sometimes just copy my forum post and paste it quick into an email and the squiggly lines under the words let me know if my spelling or grammar is way off base.

Those who have read my posts over time will also note that I must not always use this method.  :)
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 07:10
Hi Larry!

You don't have squiggly lines if you misspell words right where you write in the text body before you post Larry? I have it with my browser and that's probably why it works inside the dialog box where I write in here prior to posting... And yet, I still misspell because I type so fast that some days I don't take the time to preview the post before I actually post it and that's why I edit quite a few of my posts also. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 03-17-2010 08:46
Do you have Word?  I just copy/paste my post to Word, run the spell check, and then copy/paste it back.  You know, cntrl C / cntrl V ?

It only takes a few seconds, but I don't do it every time, so mistakes still get through.
Parent - - By rfieldbuilds (**) Date 03-17-2010 15:41
OK, I was thinking there was some silver bullet I could add to a toolbar or somehow incorporate directly into the forum. Cut and paste seems so 1999. HA HA. No problem. I guess the best way is as you say just keep a word processing window open, cut, paste and post.
Appreciate the feedback. Until Ross handloads the silver bullet, that works!
Regards,
Randy Field
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-18-2010 03:15
If I put alphabet soup in My Quiseneart, does that make it a word processor?
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 03-17-2010 16:42
CHEEK MY POSTS.

I don't believe everyone else let that go....
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 03-17-2010 16:46
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 17:29
Hi ctacker!

It works just as good for me also, but I'm using Firefox as my browser because Internet Explorer has too many" leaks that hackers and virii exploit! ;)"
Ultimately none of the spell checkers are perfect either, so I rely on it primarily for checking words that have no more than two syllables, and when I type a word that I personally know is spelled correct, and yet there's squiggly lines underneath the word, I'll always fall back on the dictionary which is also Websters to verify, then flip a bird to the spellchecker when I notice it messed up!!! :) :) :) It's a nice tool to have but remember this, tools are not always made to be perfect always. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-17-2010 17:52
Unfortunately, many do not know how to use a dictionary.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 18:55
If I'm unsure of a word I just go to www.onelook.com

Online dictionary, works well.
Parent - By rfieldbuilds (**) Date 03-17-2010 21:40
Nice Work Gentlemen. I'll try that out when I am done building the home network today. My wife rearranged all the furniture again. Seems she cut the end off a cable wire in our living room a couple of years ago and pushed the wire under the house so she wouldn't have to look at it anymore. The cable guys came through a few months later, rewired the house and took out all the unused lines. Now she wants to put the desktop computer there. No cable wire present. Guess who gets to crawl under the house with a 14 inch tall crawlspace. Not her unfortunately. That's alright, I love spiders, mud and cobwebs.
RF
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 03-17-2010 23:28
Switch over to Firefox as your browser and you get spell check as part of the package. Also Firefox is free and much better than MS Exploder. I added AtD which does grammar check along with spell check.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 23:50
It's pretty good yet, not perfect! ;) Still, it's better than anything else out there!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Paladin (***) Date 03-18-2010 03:52
MacBook Pro will spell check on this forum.
Floyd.
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 03-21-2010 10:39
I have used most browsers including Mozilla Firefox and have found Google's Chrome to be the most beneficial and less intrusive.
Just my ΒΆΒΆ's to each their own.
Marshall
Parent - - By tigrooter (**) Date 03-20-2010 18:36
If your spelling is very bad Will let you know. Will spell check it for you.
Parent - By slagline 3 (**) Date 03-20-2010 23:23
gownload google chrome....It' free and I like the way it creates tabs for you....faster too
Parent - - By rsneha Date 07-19-2021 06:25 Edited 08-29-2022 05:29
I suggest to use this site : https://grammica.com/spell-check
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 07-20-2021 14:20
Last week I was waiting on a Zoom call to start, but the client was having technical issues. The client eventually texted and said, "please bare with me."  I thought it was an odd request, but he's the client.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-21-2021 00:43
The only comment I would make is to take notice of the original date on threads you decide you want to respond to on the forum.

Posting on a thread that is 11 years old may be a waste of cyberspace data storage. 

But, your post probably does bring up a more current method of checking our spelling than may have been available 11 years ago so don't take this wrong.  Just beware of the content and application of a post relative to its' date.

Have a Great Day,  Brent

PS,  hello Scott.
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 07-21-2021 13:10
Hello Brent. I hope all is well with you and your family :)
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-21-2021 21:36
All well here.  Hope you have moved through the nondemic with no major issues.

Stay safe and healthy. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 07-22-2021 16:24
Yes. Thanks :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How do I spell cheek my posts