Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Looking for a Needle purge Set Up
- - By liftedpowerstro (*) Date 04-12-2010 21:05
I'm looking for a set up to do a Closure weld on some 304H stainless. We've been using a Turkey Injector Needle  with purge dams on both up stream and down stream of the weld...While making the weld we're inserting the needle with our purge gas... Is there anyone out there that actually makes a Purging system for this application.
Thanks
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 04-12-2010 21:37
Try    www.intercononline.com     or Google welding purge.

Griff
Parent - - By scrappywelds (***) Date 04-14-2010 22:09
i always use a football needle. The ones with a straight hole out the end and a side hole. I bend it slightly curved making sure not to pinch it shut. I the take a peice of argon hose about 5 feet long, one end i put on a oxygen hose fitting. The opposite end i put one of the adapters for the football needle for use of a compressor, that way changing needles is easy. I then remove a valve from an old argon Y set-up. That way u can leave the purge flowmeter set at whatever u want control flow with the valve. I use the same basice set-up for basic purging just with an old gas lens replacing the needle.
Parent - By liftedpowerstro (*) Date 04-16-2010 14:45
This is basicly what we do...but we've been using a turkey injection needle. I guess this is about the best way... only worries we've got is when we make the final 1/4-1/2" of weld....Making sure that the pipe is fully filled with the argon...
Thanks.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Looking for a Needle purge Set Up