Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Questions about welding procedures.
- - By smithcd2208 (**) Date 05-08-2010 20:28
My instructor has given us an assignment about welding procedures. Specifically WPS AWS B2.1-1-018-94 and B2.1-1-207-96. He has not specified a due date, but suggested we all go through the procedures to figure out if we have any questions on the assignment. I already completed the assignment in about an hour and a half. I would like to have someone check my answers and let me know if they are right/wrong or if i missed something. I can't ask my teacher because i know he will say i have to wait and i doubt any other students are going to do it right away like i did (procrastinators). If you have these welding procedures handy and would volunteer to check my work send me a PM and i will send you the MS word document of the questions and my answers. I would have just attached the document to this post except that i know some students frequent this forum as well as myself, so i think it is safer to keep my answer under wraps. I look forward to anyone willing to review my answers. A lot of the questions are laced full of information to provide misdirection and i appreciate that my teacher does that so you have to pick out what is relevant. It makes the homework a lot more fun. Oh, and i know the overall attitude on this forum is "i won't do your homework for you." I have already done the work and am just looking for someone to help me out by reviewing it. Thanks in advance.
Parent - - By smithcd2208 (**) Date 05-11-2010 01:12
Today i found out the first welding procedure will be due on wednesday B2.1-1-207-96 and the other one will be due the following day. If anyone would review my answers it would be greatly appreciated.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-11-2010 13:20
The WPS is a standard WPS that has to be purchased from AWS. They are not cheap, if there is a fault with AWS, it is they don't give anything away or sell anything cheap. Like an old "ho", they don't do anything for free.

We can't review the WPS or your answers without a copy of the WPS.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By smithcd2208 (**) Date 05-11-2010 13:24 Edited 05-11-2010 13:38
Yeah i know, in my first post i wrote "if anyone has either of these WPS handy". I don't think i would say there is anything "wrong" with the AWS I understand why the WPS is so expensive. I'm sure It's not cheap to produce one with all the test welds being performed and analyzed and PQRs written. I was aware that they aren't to be distributed, thanks for your reply though.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Questions about welding procedures.