Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln advanced Control Panel for TIG?
- - By Rod MI (*) Date 07-31-2002 14:43
Hi I'm going to buy a Lincoln Precision TIG 275. I'm not shire about there Optional Advanced Control Panel is that something I can add on later (I don't think sow) or should I get it now or is it just a waste of money? I will be using this welder in a home shop the summery of this option is below thanks

Provides 2/4-step trigger with adjustable Pulser controls and Downslope timer for TIG welding. Also includes adjustable Hot Start and Arc Force internal panel controls for stick welding, and other user selectable features for $250.

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=5408

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/optiondatasheet.asp?p=5412&isolocale=EN
Parent - - By kb (*) Date 08-08-2002 17:27
Rod,
I have this same machine and, depending on what you are planning to do, I would highly recommend getting this option. Pulsing allows you more control when welding thin gauge material. It also "provides deeper penetration and greater depth-to-width ratio than steady GTA welding of the same heat input value" (taken directly from GTAW, James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation).

Since it is considered a "field-installed" option, it can be ordered later but unless you want to take the machine back to the shop, I would order it with the machine and have the boys install it for you. Usually they will do it for free when you buy a machine like that. The guys at my shop did.

$250 is only the msrp, you should be able to get it for a little cheaper as I paid $225 for mine.

All in all, it will make you and your machine capable of doing more for a modest cost.

Best regards,

Kevin
Parent - By Rod MI (*) Date 08-09-2002 16:40
Thanks kb after talking with the sales men I decided to buy it later It took all my money to get the power supply sow I will have to by the rest latter Is there any suggestions you can give me on buying the rest of the equipment or things you would do or buy the next time thanks Rod MI
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln advanced Control Panel for TIG?