Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Lg. corner rad. some ways to mark square lines on the faces
- - By aevald (*****) Date 05-20-2010 23:30
Hello folks, quite some time ago I included some methods for marking square lines on structural tubes where the corner radi are too large to allow for a standard square or speed square to work very well or very accurately. I'm reintroducing some of these methods along with an additional one. The last example allows you to position your rule and allow for the end to be used to "drag" along the tube when that sort of layout line is required. I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, examples from others on their approaches to this sort of challenge. I've included a number of pictures here. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 05-21-2010 03:12
Man, you are chock full of good ideas. Now to remember them...............
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 05-21-2010 04:08
So Mark, do you have any you care to share? Best regards, Allan
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 05-22-2010 03:18
I thought I knew how to weld until I came here and the Hobart site, I mostly crawl under my rock in the corner now. More to learn than I ever thought possible. When I find something I'll be glad to post.
- - By Skaggydog (**) Date 05-22-2010 21:51
HI Allan
  I guess you could notch your large angle with handle so as you could guide your soapstone at different gages down the tube.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 05-22-2010 23:16
Hello Skaggydog, that's certainly a variation that could be added to it. Thanks for the comment, best regards, Allan
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Lg. corner rad. some ways to mark square lines on the faces