Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Oil Slick Problem Solved
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-21-2010 20:06
Oil Slick Problem Solved

The U.S. has all the brain power in the world to solve problems, but it only takes two good ole boys from the South to come up with a real, workable solution. This is great!

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil/
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 05-21-2010 21:58
interesting, and good 2 know
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 05-22-2010 02:44
Here's a better solution from a single Northern boy.  Government takeover of all natural resources using the profit to fund research and implementation of clean fuels to keep the need and greed associated with oil from destroying our planet.

Using hay will do what?  Raise the price of hay.  Supply and demand right?  As the cost of hay goes up so will the cost of meat.  It's a dumba** idea.  The hay "soaks" up the oil, then what?  It magically disappears? 

Either stop drilling in the ocean or make the con artist oil companies be liable for their greed.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-22-2010 04:22

I almost wasted my breath on a response
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 05-22-2010 06:39
I got halfway there with a few taps of the keyboard and I realized you are a better man than I
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-22-2010 22:11
Don't feed the troll.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 05-23-2010 06:46
10-4
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 05-22-2010 04:38
Bryon seems like a good idea and i think it would only be a temporary situation if the hay and beef cost went up.
Burn the oil soaked hay, OH WAIT SH** we can't do that it would contribute global warming SCRATCH that idea.
While your at it Bryon lets shut down all the coal, gas and nuke power plants and refinery's RIGHT NOW and use that money too, just think of all the wind mills and solar panels we could put up, OH WAIT but WACKOS don't want them in their back yards like off east coast and in the CA desert.
I'm all for working on new clean ways for power and taking care of this planet earth and i think we have come a long way on doing so, but I really don't think it will happen over night.
May you and all your EVIRO WACKOS Freeze in the Dark
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-22-2010 13:52
Bryon, Are you a Natural Born Idiot or do you work at it ? You might want to consider staying in the North !
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 05-22-2010 14:25
GOVERNMENT takeover of all natural resources??  Wow and the government does such a good job NOW with the things it has a finger in................jeez Bryon.............you evidently hate capitalism; America, and all our Republic stands for...............where would you LIKE to live and prosper in your own fashion?  Pick the country; I'll buy the one way ticket, we'll take a collection off this board to ship your crap to you.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 05-23-2010 01:41
Astroturfing over bry
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 05-22-2010 15:51
I got round bails for sale 500 each lol i can get all u need
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-22-2010 20:58
I'm sellin'em at $450 . AND  Mine have a "STAMP" !!!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 05-23-2010 02:27
Ive seen em! A for alfalfa, B for bermuda, C for coastal. He can keep that S for sudan, that crap kills my will to live. Stupid allergies!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 05-23-2010 03:34
Seriously, hay IS high enough at any given time. A large outflow of cash for many producers. BUT!!!! I see this working. Maybe some of that stimulus could help them out. We paid well enough, here is a damn good reason to use it. The ranchers WILL need that hay. Match half for them out of our ridiculous budget. Screw the arts for now. Screw research to further the development of gay society.  BUCKLE DOWN WHITEHOUSE!!
Save the shore, feed the cattle ( our country).  While Im at it, abolish the Death Tax!!!! SAVE THE PEOPLE WHO FEED US BEFORE WE BUY FREAKING EVERY MORSEL WE EAT FROM CHINA!!!!!
Sorry, sidetracked.
This will employ a great amount of people just in logistics.... add the people making the facilities to hire the people to actually burn it to produce.. the people who support them with needed supplies.. it goes on.
The sales of new equipment, the repair of old, fertilizer and seed sales,  or hands just putting it on a trailer, then in a barn, then back on a trailer to the buyer. ( ya'll know who are employed, rejoice liberals! ) The rental or sale of property in hay producing communities, sales to grocery stores, sales to little crap such as laundries, potential home building, followed by road improvements, new law enforcement, and NEW FREAKING TAXES on said gain. Dont think it wont happen!
Some of ya'll would rather see us completely fail than even try.
OK... might have looked too far forward. But the doomsdayers look even deeper. Lets look at every possibility.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-24-2010 12:25 Edited 05-24-2010 12:37
Well that's just crazy. First, Bryon said Government controlled to eliminate the greed of the oil companies right? Ok, so you've eliminated their greed now you have how many greedy azz politicians to worry about on the hill?? Yeahhhhhh.......cause they won't cheat, steal....manipulate anything,....

Price of Hay,

I hope you guys are joking I can get 1800lb round bales down the street for $35-$50. If hay is that pricey in Tx, and Ok I might have to drop the welder and get a gooseneck and start hauling it that way for something to do. Maybe I could trade some hay for some 12"x.250 wall gas pipe! I saw a stack a few weeks ago that was from last season, just piled up against the fence line 3 high and 20, 30 bales long, just rotting and going to waste.
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 05-24-2010 15:31
No, hay aint that much. LOL! We would never afford beef again!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-25-2010 03:31
Here in south eastern Pa. they grow mushrooms. Poor hay or rotting hay is used to grow mushrooms in.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-25-2010 09:13
They grow good don't they! Had some hay last year and the mushrooms were booming!
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 05-27-2010 03:09
I dont know to much about the oil drilling buss. but looks like to me you could drill 4 holes around it and put explosives in the holes ( I do know explosives) and shoot it. It has to seal off rrrrrrr blow up, right?
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 05-27-2010 14:37
Just a thought, Its 5000 feet under water, thats some kind of pressure to over come down there. You really think explosives would do much good? The pressure in the pipe is even greater than the water pressure or it could not escape.

I am of the impression one of the biggest worry's is the pipe holding up to the pressure required to counter the flow. Seems to me all kinds of things could go wrong. 1st a tremendous increase in pressure (form the explosion) then maybe an equal decrease? It would be interesting but me things not so good.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 05-28-2010 01:41
maybe we can send the smart man bryon lewis down there to plug the hole by sitting on it with his azz!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-28-2010 14:05
LOL, I guess we would have to decide which is the lesser of two evils, an oil spill or a bullsh*t spill. :-)

jrw159
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 05-28-2010 15:28
No kidding, Bryon puts out some pretty heavy BS, could no doubt it could smother a little old oil leak.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-29-2010 22:02
I think his head would be big enough to plug it for sure.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 05-30-2010 11:52
top kill failed
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-30-2010 17:42
Quick!!! Where's both Bryon and the Prez!!! We'll stick both of their head in there and between the two of them, it should work!!!

Henry
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-31-2010 02:25
It might not plug the leak, but it would solve 2 other problems.
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-02-2010 18:16
A gas well in russia in 1960 was sealed off using nuc explosive and has been used 5 times sence. This was on national radio today, if you ask me good ole obama has interst in keeping this leak on going. Try ing to bank rupt BP, when it was anounced that bp has intrest in US markets the stock fell yesterday 100 points. So does this sound funny to you?
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 06-02-2010 18:27
was the nuc used in 5,000 feet of water? i have not read any about this; just wondering............
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-03-2010 00:20 Edited 06-03-2010 00:26
The best info I got was off shore, could be 50 yards, I cant find anything on that. Day 45 I think. If someone would have planded to drill and tap into the fault line 40 days ago which I am sure someone did, we could have stoped or at least slowed it down sum.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-03-2010 02:33
What I HEARD was that a nuke was used on land to seal a gas well that had relief wells drilled.

My OPINION AND GUESS is that an explosion without relief wells would make the leak near impossible to stop.
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-03-2010 14:27
Your probley right
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 06-03-2010 16:10
you all hear this? connection or lucky?

why sell soooooo much for what reason

According to regulatory filings, RawStory.com has found that Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time. Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

If Goldman had sold these shares today, their investment would have lost 36 percent its value, or $96 million. The share sales represented 44 percent of Goldman's holdings -- meaning that Goldman's remaining holdings have still lost tens of millions in value.

is this true?

And on another note WHY is oil at a low price with all the middleast probs and summer upon us??
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-03-2010 23:11
Pull up your boot straps and hold on, its comin.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 06-09-2010 13:32 Edited 06-11-2010 20:48
Did a little research...............nukes are NOT the answer.............NEITHER are the dispersants that are being used currently.  Both are FAR more deadly than just plain crude.  I am currently of the opinion that this "crisis too good to waste" is being milked by the administration & BP as a vehicle to deliver a revived carbon tax plan.  Obama's tough talk is enough to make me puke.  SUSPECT huge, wholesale sell-offs of BP stock by well-placed people JUST prior to the explosion make me ill.  Our government's oppressive incompetence is AWFUL!!  Fox and CNN are NOT giving the WHOLE story here.........anyone know much about ( or anything about ) "abiotic oil"??  I am of the opinion that this is a catastrophe of biblical proportions and we do NOT know how to effectively manage it.
- - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 06-05-2010 14:02
I like the idea of Byron and Osama Obama together down at the bottom of the gulf pluggin tha hole. A BS spill is easier to deal with than an oil spill, not to mention stocks wouldn't rise because none of the oil is spewing just Communistic, Islamic, I luvs me some Walmart bs is spewing. Hot Damit thats a BRILLIANT idea. When can we Start "Operation Dumb Azz Drop"
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 06-05-2010 15:11
You can't send them down there alone, they'll both need a helper.
I suggest Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi.

JTMcC.
Parent - - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 06-05-2010 15:32
Yes they will, but THEY will never admit THEY need help.....oh! oh! oh!....YEEEESSSSSS!!! we'll send the whole chain of command, nobody will miss those window lickin booger eatin MORONS!!!!!.....BRILLIANT.  Man to bad everybody can't be as smart as us Welders....Hot Damit.... I think we are on our way to cleaning up AMERICA!!!!!
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-07-2010 02:01
We could do a he!! of a site better than what we have seen. no dout
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Oil Slick Problem Solved