Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anybody ever worked for Aerotek?
- - By bruce69 (*) Date 05-29-2010 15:30
Have any of you ever worked for Aerotek?  If so, what is your opinion of them?  Personally, I hear Independent Contractor I think low pay and lousy benefits.  However, the company I work for is doing poorly and getting worse so I am getting desperate.  I'm a CWI working in the construction materials testing field and times are bad, bad, bad at the company I work for.  Thanks for taking the time to read and/or answer this.  P.S. If you have a lead for a CWI job in the Kansas City area that would be even better.  Thanks again.
Parent - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 05-29-2010 17:11
it is a staffing company i do think
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-30-2010 04:56
PHUCK AEROTEK PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! No offense bruce69! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
- - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-29-2010 15:40
Ive never worked for them but i had an interview and turned the job down when they offered me 22.00 hr for a cwi position.
They are like an empoyment agency for industrial crafts
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2010 16:26
$22.00 is more than I have ever seen them offer. Generally they want AWS CWI, level II MT PT UT and offer $18.00 to $20.00 per hour.

jrw159
Parent - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 05-30-2010 01:53
Aerotek is a nationwide staffing/temp service. They have been in business since I think the late 90's. I have never worked for them, but have called me for Toolmaker/Machinist jobs.
- - By trukfan Date 05-30-2010 04:22
I've worked for other staffing agencies, not Aerotek, but have dealt w/ and interviewed with them. They're alright to deal with, but they deal with more than just industrial/skilled trades positions, so sometimes the people you deal w/ know absolutely nothing about welding. Typically, at least in my experience, they'll interview you for a more in-depth look at what's in your application/ resume, and then, with your permission, start shopping your resume to their clients looking for people who do what you do. Sometimes they'll get a hold of you for an active position they're trying to fill, but that isn't how it always goes. I don't know if they set the salary rate, or the employer does. Some agencies let the employer determine salary, and then the agency pays that until the contract is up or you're hired on full-time. One time I worked for staffing agency, the agency determined the salary, and that didn't work out to well, unless you like $9.75 for production welding.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 05-30-2010 06:43
dont know about the rest of the guys my i wont even turn the door knob for 9.75 an hr
Parent - - By trukfan Date 05-30-2010 15:03
Keep in mind I was only 20, but regardless that job lasted a whole day. They suckered be by saying "Earning potential up to $14.50/hr". I assumed that meant based on experience. Wrong, they just floated what you'd be making after 40 hrs., calling time and a half your earning potential. Live and learn, right?
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 06-01-2010 05:51
Did not read the contract did you?

Whether it is Aerotek or anyone who is sending you your paycheck, and I've worked for many of these type staffing companies...CUT YOUR BEST DEAL RIGHT OFF THE GIT-GO!!! Cuz it aint gonna get no better, later down the road!
You are what ever it is what you are and what you have to throw down on the negotiating table.
PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
If you truly are, and... you think you're "all that and a bag of chips!!!" Then why are you wasting your time with some offer that is not up to your Qualifications/Expectations???

Yeah, you are right, I'd do hand jobs in a truck stop before I'd slut myself out for 14.50/hr....how hungry are your children?/how many truck payments behind are you?/what does it take to do what you gotta do?
Then again...maybe you are only worth $14.50/hr....

Most of these agencies have a very effective and well designed (computer program) criteria that places "prospects" into a prededermined paygrade.
Jazz up your resume!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anybody ever worked for Aerotek?