Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Protection of steel from Acid
- - By yusuf polat Date 06-03-2010 08:48
I need help for something I see first time.
One of our customer ordered a vessel for mixture of hydro carbons+hydrogen+hydrogen sulfide+water. Our customer want us coat inside of the vessel with some kind of concrede wich contails 38%Al2O3+TiO2,49%SiO2. We couldn't find this mixture in Turkiye. Could anyone tell us is there any other mixture of concrede that have same protection level or metal that can resist this mixture in tank?
Thank you for everybody who helps.
Yusuf.
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 06-03-2010 10:36
Try contacting the SSPC which is the "Society for Protective Coatings".  This is the organization that creates coating standards and specifications for all different types of industries, I'm sure you would be able to get some help from them.
They have a public e-mail system that you can register for and it allows you submit questions, and the members from all over the world and all different industries who have signed up as well may answer your question, or at least give you some guidance to get an answer. It's called SSPC Coatings-talk.  Copy the address below, and send it in an e-mail, this should get you started.
Good Luck.
Coatings-talk@listserv.sspc.org
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Protection of steel from Acid