Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / More In Put From Mexico
- - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-12-2010 21:42
NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS ALERT
Vol. 17, No. 23      06/11/10
The Biennial Meeting Of States, And The Arms Trade Treaty

Click here to vote in this week's poll. 
Two major meetings, possibly affecting American gun owners' rights, will occur at the United Nations (UN) in New York over the next several weeks.   They are the Fourth Biennial Meeting of States to Consider the Implementation of the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms in all its Aspects, ("BMS4") June 14-18, and the Arms Trade Treaty Preparatory Committee ("ATT Prep. Com.") July 12-23.  The NRA will be fully and actively involved in these meetings.
The BMS4 is a continuation of the so-called "Programme of Action" (POA) adopted by the UN at a conference in 2001.  Anti-gun groups saw the original POA as a vehicle for UN gun bans, registration schemes and other radical proposals.  The U.S., through the efforts of Ambassador John Bolton, forced the removal of provisions targeting privately-owned firearms from the  POA.  It was not able to stop the POA itself, and the UN holds "Biennial" meetings every two years to keep the POA alive.  Heavily-funded anti-gun groups will again attempt to get the UN and its member states to target the right to arms at the BMS4.  A Mexican diplomat will chair the meeting and Mexico, which blames its crime problems on the U.S., is now pushing for more gun control in America.  Anti-gun, anti-U.S. measures could well be on the table
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 06-12-2010 22:21
when i told the guys 20 years ago that youll see the UN in the USA in a racial dispute they said i was a nut......
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-16-2010 15:54
I don't understand how the UN has any control over my life....they are not my elected official in any way. Mexico is blaming the US for it's crime????? Huhh? Are they for real? I guess we're to blame for all the people fleeing the country to the US then? I guess in some way we are to blame for the spill in the gulf, the blue sky, sun spots and whatever else they can think to throw at us. My personal thoughts on the UN are best left unspoken since it involves lots of un-educated cussing and things of that nature.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 06-16-2010 16:32
ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY FOR MEXICO
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-17-2010 02:27
It's sure sounding that way.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / More In Put From Mexico