Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / electrode "Certanium 703 SP" ???
- - By Tim Buyle (**) Date 08-09-2002 07:43
Is there someone who knows this electrode ? Classification ?
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-09-2002 12:20
Certanium ?? I have used Certanium to make temporary Dies for Alluminum, used it to fill in open face impellars for machining and to make spoons as a joke (the Certanium we used melts below 200 F. so when some one picked one up to stir coffee all they had left was the handle)

They make Certanium to melt a lots of different temps but I have never seen an electrode made of it.
Parent - By jfolk (**) Date 08-09-2002 13:23
Tim-

I believe the Certanium info you are seeking is from Certanium Alloys and Research Co. Cleveland, OH. They specialize in "maintenance alloys" for welding and brazing as do Cronatron, Nassau and Eutectic. I have a 1991 catalog and cannot find 703SP. There is a 701,702,705, etc. listed. The catalog indicates Certanium Alloys is owned by Premier Industrial Corp. I found their web site: www.premierind.com/industrial.php. As I have found with the other "maintenance alloys" manufacturers, the request of chemistries and other proprietary specifics can be a challenge. They are hesitant about releasing info. The telephone number in the catalog I have is 216-391-8300. Good luck
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / electrode "Certanium 703 SP" ???