Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / FATHER'S DAY
- - By Superflux (****) Date 06-21-2010 02:25 Edited 06-21-2010 03:39
Just a note to remind us of those who came before us and those of us who are fortunate to procreate.

HERO.

I had to look no further than across the dining room table to see one!!!!!!!!!!!

He came from humble beginnings in the cotton fields of of the Mississippi Delta in the "Depression Era of the '30s". Worked the section gangs of the Missouri Pacific Rail Road driving spikes with a sledge hammer, then progressed to Riveter/Ironworker on bridges. Joined the Army 440th Air Borne, supplying troops to Patton in the desert of North Africa and flew in the Glider Planes for the pre-emptive strike on "D" Day! Bronze Star and Presidential Unit Citation Recipient!
Taught me everything I "should know" about work ethic and becoming a MAN!

I miss him, and have tried my best to live up to his legacy and pass it on to my Progeny....
Parent - By preston davis (**) Date 06-22-2010 00:43
if only every kid groing up had a man like that to look up too, what would the world be like today.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / FATHER'S DAY