Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Weldanpower 250 D10 Question
- - By mechan (**) Date 06-21-2010 23:34
Anyone had any experience with a Lincoln Weldanpower 250 D10? Looking at picking one for around $600 (including the gas to go pick it up). It is supposed to be running and welding well, the only issue is it doesn't automatically idle down. Any opinions or experience with them to say if they are worth their salt or not would be appreciated. Thanks.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-22-2010 02:30
I know a guy who has one, He says it is a better generator than welder. That said, it is what He uses for field work. The price sounds good to Me, any idea how many hours  & overall condition? Bear in mind that it is a 3600 RPM unit, and a rerctifier machine, not a DC generator.
Parent - - By mechan (**) Date 06-23-2010 14:23
Not sure on the hours, the guy who sent me a picture of it looked for an hour meter on the face of it, but was unable to find one. The general condition of it from what I saw from the picture he sent me, (yay crappy cell phone pictures), seemed to be okay. The paint was pretty well faded on the machine, but other than that didn't look beat.
Parent - By Regmanager (**) Date 06-24-2010 13:33
Bad problems with the main bearing and insert. if the insert fails its a boat anchor. For $600 you might be ok, but I wouldn't make any long term plans with it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Weldanpower 250 D10 Question