Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Windchime Ideas
- - By rodney schumach Date 08-10-2002 04:05
Does anyone have any cool windchimes that have been built. I have built some out of 1/8 steel the shape of a pyramid with a wood gonger inside. I have figured out how to tune them by differant dia. gongers and distances from the point on the top to where the gonger stricks the steel inside. I havent found any good plans but would like to build some made out of 2"x 1/8 wall pipe, at least a min. length of 5 foot. I hate those little small chimes that sound like a poodle getting ran over by a truck. Something like a church bell would be cool. Thanx....
Parent - By gyadon (**) Date 08-12-2002 02:35
I HAVE SAW WIND CHIMES MADE FROM OLD GAS BOTTLES. OX BOTTLE HAS A DEEP SOUND. THE TOP AND BOTTOM SOUND THE BEST, THE CENTER SECTION ARE NOT AS DEEP. CHECK WITH YOUR WELDING SUPPLY STORE THEY MAY HAVE OLD BOTTLES.
Parent - By SEAPLANE (*) Date 09-02-2002 23:39
Here is a link to some I have hanging on my front porch. They are a lot of fun to make and your imagination is the main ingredient. If the link doesn't take you to the pics, Email me and I will email them to you http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&groupid=61722&folderid=31591&folderview=thumbs&ck=u.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Windchime Ideas