Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Shad trying to avoid work !!!!
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-25-2010 01:01
Well folks, Shad pulled a good one today. We are working in Galveston. He is staying in a Hotel on the other end of the Island from me. Today, he was pulling out of the Office and turning around in a 10 acre parking lot. This lot just happened to have a Concrete Bottom Light pole smack in the middle of it. ONLY ONE LIGHT POLE !  Shad hit it Dead Center with his truck in Broad Daylight !  I think the heat got to him !!
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 06-25-2010 01:55
Say Dwayne, does Shad know he's all popular on this forum?  And don't be afraid to piss test him either. lol
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:00
Yeah   HE Knows !!!  I couldn't help but share the light pole story ! How in the hell do you run into the ONLY pole in a Parking lot ?
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 06-25-2010 09:27
Cactusthewelder
From the pictures I have seen of Shad, unless he has a special seat in that truck, his head is putting a dent in the headliner, and his field of vision is the sun visor.LoL
Marshall
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:01
He thinks he is getting out of work. But I had a great idea. Tommorrow, I am gonna sit in the A/C and let him run MY truck. He just Aint't Allowed to Drive it !!
Parent - - By burleigh26 (**) Date 06-25-2010 02:34
thats funny.  normally its the women that do that.  if he cant drive it to the site, hook that ford to it and drag it, then he has no excuse not to work.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:36
We already thought of that. I just dont want to drag him for 6 miles down the Seawall
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:39
not trying to get out of nothing. i came here to work and make money.  i'll be there and you always sit in the a/c anyway so how is tomorrow gonna be different? Ijust gotta figure out how to get a radiator and get it put in so i can get out of here when we are done it's gonna get awfully hot staying in the truck waiting for a radiator. and in my defense just like i told u i was trying to keep from hittin that black car and didnt see the pole and i smacked it good oh well shyt happens and as usual it happened to me oh wel i'll get it figured out and go from there like i always do.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:43
Hey, I welded a little today !
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 02:45
Oh yea i forgot 3 rods how did my chair feel lol to bad it wont be there tomorrow since i dont have a way to haul all my stuff i should of kept ur gloves but them lil bitty things wouldnt fit yes i tried
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-26-2010 03:16
What a coincidence! I welded a little today too. I finally have these handrails built, been at it a month and probably only have 50 hours on it. I probably shouldn't have taken the job, My health being what it is, but they are built now. FINALLY.

Like the Devil says about people going to Hell: "It will only SEEM like eternity"
Parent - - By burleigh26 (**) Date 06-25-2010 02:48
hey shad, just having a little laugh.  i backed into a telephone pole a while back and that was easy to see.  how bad is that radiator, if its not a bad leak  pour black pepper in it. that will stop the leaks so you can drive it.  sorry about the bad luck.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 03:08
thought it was just a pin hole so poured some bars leak in it and that got plugger good now thw tank is leaking so i'm stuck here until i can figure something out do you know of any junk yards in galveston where i could get a used radiator i need more than that but a radiator would get me home and maybe a fan but i think it'll make it with just the 2 broken blades
Parent - By Johnyutah (**) Date 06-25-2010 03:25
I drove into my own boat trailer when my truck had about 2k on it.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-25-2010 03:29
Shad,
Now I don't feel so bad (at your expense sorry to say) when I backed into a lamp post the other day to jump off a feller in the parking lot.
Don't run the fan with only 2 blades. It will fry the waterpump shaft bearing and then fly off into the new radiator at the heat of the day in the most inopportune place.
Tried that trick and it also put a dent in the hood.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 03:40
the r 2 blade broken i already need a new hood and fix the full front bumper replacement that was suppose to prevent this from happening and the radiator support a grille the right fender is keeping the right front door from opening and i'm 4 hours from home and broke i'll figure something out hell i'd sell my machine just to get the money to fix the trucck so i can get the hell out of here
Parent - - By Chris2626 (***) Date 06-25-2010 03:40
so I take it after the fix you'll be makeing some kinda bullet proof bumper for it
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 03:41
its already on there and it didnt work it flipped up and smashed everything
Parent - By 52lincoln (***) Date 06-25-2010 04:39
dang it man,how fast where u going?
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-26-2010 20:52
Don't feel too bad, a good friend of mine ran into a parked fire truck, painted bright red and all. totaled his car didn't even bother the fire truck.

I'll send you a free pair of prescription safety glasses
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-27-2010 05:32
lol i can see just fine the funny part is i almost hit the same pole again today driving thur the lot picking up the box the rad came in today lol
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-25-2010 12:58
Shad,
  The company I work for thanks you! LOL You keep hitting them and we will sell them new ones. Remember, hit the big ones, they have a bigger profit margin. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 21:47
bite me john the next time you put 1 up besure and paint the concrete caution yellow so it can be seen maybe i'll sue lol NOT
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-25-2010 22:07
What, yeller makes a better target.
This is FUNNY!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 22:16
lol BK that was a good one. 1 of the guys nick named me light pole and his g/f said hey thats good think we can make it stick lol he has been calling me light pole since yesterday oh well i guess it fits
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-26-2010 14:34
LOL, yeah that one will stick. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-25-2010 22:11
Dang  I have been worked hard enough I wanted to lay out for a day.....but I have never been worked so hard I was willing to smash up my truck!!!    Cactus whats the deal? bullwhip in one hand and gun in the other???   LOL!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 22:18
Tommy he's full of it i never miss a day of work for nothing unless i have to and this time i didnt have to it did his machine some good to be run all day
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-25-2010 22:40
BWHAHAHA!!!!   So you sacrificed your truck and knocked the rust of his machine?   Wow sounds like more then a few friendly beers or owed there!   LOL!

Hope you can get ur truck home without too much trouble.....if ur bumper had not folded you might have damaged the frame from the sound of it.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-25-2010 22:45
i can drive it with a bent frame but not with out water i looked some more and the rad support arm on the pass. side is ripped ill heat it up bend it back and weld it back i can fix it just dont have the money for parts so guess ill just rip the hood off and drive it like that the k&n filter wont like it but at least i can see lol
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 06-25-2010 23:42
What no Pics!!!!!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-26-2010 00:25
hell no i need to forget this job lol
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 06-26-2010 00:50
Hey Shad. Friendly voice from the past here. I have studied this situation with a wide open mind. My conclusion is as such. You couldn't drive tacks with a sledge hammer.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-26-2010 04:02
Rick hide and watch there are lots of things i can do just be glad you missed out on this job lol
Parent - By tompit9 (***) Date 06-26-2010 02:21
I here ya buddy! Hope ur staying busy.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-26-2010 02:23
I would like to know what Mix they used in that Concrete on the pole ? It had a Very Slight scratch on it. It Cratered a Ranch Hander Bumper !
Parent - By tompit9 (***) Date 06-26-2010 02:40
dam lead foot!!!! lmao
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-26-2010 04:03
i think it was 5%concrete 10% gravel 5% sand and 80% hardener
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-26-2010 12:36
It's probably not the mix it's the fact that it's sunk in the ground 2 miles! I hit a tree in high school, maybe all of a 4" diameter. Came plowing through a snow bank in my driveway(snow plow liked closing the drive after you shoveled it) anyhow, made it passed the snow bank, slid towards this little tree and hit it dead center on a 77' T-bird. It literally put a v shape in the bumper. Radiator was ok though, drove it like that for another year I think. I saw that tree and thought, bye bye little tree, Ha!! That was over 20 years ago and that tree is still there going strong.

Don't under estimate the parking bollards. I've built some around here for a guy and they must have 3-4 feet that they plug into the ground and pour concrete around.

What kind of truck you got Shad?
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-26-2010 13:05
04 dodge 5.9 cummins crew cab 2 w/d manual shift i got a radiator comming today gonna need hood,core support,grille, fan blade and fan clutch its electric and fog lights
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-26-2010 14:44
Fog lights are broke and a Bent up Bumper
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-27-2010 05:28
the left fog light was already broke and the bumper just needs a lower pipe in it i have that at the house easy fix
Parent - - By jriley72 Date 06-26-2010 15:20
Shad,
Remeber I have a electric clutch for your truck ur welcome too.  Just let me know. Good Luck John
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-26-2010 21:27
I take it the precooler is toast
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-27-2010 05:30
shockingly enuff all it got was the radiator i got lucky
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 06-26-2010 22:32
I hope u get the rest of the part there "LIGHT POLE"!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-27-2010 05:32
i'll find em lil by lil
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-29-2010 02:38
Hell yes I'm popular Bob I'm a living legend most people dont come back from the stuff i cauhgt and get back out and burn rod the dr siad id never weld again i guess he lied
- - By crahner (**) Date 06-27-2010 04:53
I was doing a job in Arizona a couple of years ago when I got the call that my wife hit a light pole in the parking lot at the grocery store in the middle of the day with only a few cars around.
After I got there I saw the problem, the lights were not turned on!
Parent - - By sparksandslag (**) Date 06-28-2010 03:12
Reminds me of a "dude"  that worked in our shop years ago.  He couldn't go more than five minutes without jerking his pocket comb out and combing his hair.  Well, he's at the local Howard's (sort of like an early-day Wal-Mart) on his lunch hour.  Does his shopping, jumps in the truck (naturally it's spit-shined--you could eat of the floor mats), throws it  in gear and realizes that he needs to comb his hair before he gets back to the shop.  Comb in hand, eyes on the rear view mirror, knees doing the steering---kerblam!  Knocked the crap out of one of those concrete light pole bases, totally screwed up the front end of his pretty truck, and he ate a good chunk of steering wheel.  When he got to work--finally--he was madder than a snake, cause they had put that light pole where they did.  Couldn't explain why he couldn't miss ONE light pole in a two-acre parking lot that only had about six vehicles on it.  Needless to say, it was many a  day before we gave him any rest over that one.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Shad trying to avoid work !!!!
1 2 Previous Next