Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / OTA (Other than Arizona)
- - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 07-19-2010 20:24
This was posted in a forum I frequent:

A few days ago, a Kinder Morgan employee from Ozona was gauging a tank southwest of town when he spotted several Hispanic individuals walking in his direction carrying tactical, AK-style rifles, and yelling at him in Spanish. He quickly descended the tank and fled the area on foot. His pickup was taken and has not been found.

From Kinder Morgan HR:
Quote:
"There have been reports floating around the area about more and more armed illegals traveling on foot, carrying drugs and weapons, especially southwest of Ozona and in the Ft. Stockton area. Let's be very aware and careful when it comes to keeping safe. All plant gates should be locked at all times. The Sonora Plant office will soon be getting a security system with a card reader similar to the Ozona office. Southwest Ozona plant is secured with locks, but will soon be getting a security system including cameras.
Remember, there is nothing more important than your personal safety. If you happen to come across an armed individual or individuals demanding company property, let them have whatever they want. Do not put yourself in harms way."

If any of you guys plan on DSing in these areas any time soon, be extremely careful. Seems the feds are gonna make us fight this conflict alone. Not surprising.

Anybody pipelining or chasing rigs in this country, be careful! This may be BS or an exaggeration, but the guys down south are swearing it is true. I don't have the email yet from KM so I do not know myself. Just passing this along.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 07-20-2010 05:13
Had a group of them raid my camper a while back, stole everything in it! Good thing I was 200 miles away... I would hate to go to prison for protecting my property and belongings!
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 07-20-2010 14:52
I live in Ozona. This report of the pickup being taken is untrue in this case. A friend of mine talked to Tom** last week and he didn't know what they were talking about. At least that is his story, he could have been advised to say that from the company.
There have been several vehicle thefts in the oil field like that the last couple of years.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-21-2010 04:06
Brings to mind a Benny Hill skit, goofing on the "McCloud" TV show:

"Back in New Mexico, We shot first, and asked questions later. But We didn't get many answers."
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 07-22-2010 01:55
Now I know why I liked that show.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / OTA (Other than Arizona)