Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / non union companies in colorado
- - By kkfabricator (**) Date 07-21-2010 22:07
does anyone know of any non union pipe welding companies in CO? I have been a fabricator for 8 years and am tired of the work and the pay and am always interested in learning more, but I'm at a dead end doing what I'm doing now and just want to advance my skill and knowledge. also I've been practicing a 6G and was wondering what wall thickness and diameter most get tested on. any info is greatly appreciated
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-22-2010 00:40
I do not know jack about pipeline in the ditch......but doing factory type installations  3"-10" 1/4"-1/2" wall respectively in SS "typically running 308 smaw with occasional tig roots......carbon pipe you probably will have to test on a 6" sch 40 could be any number of rods from 6010 to 7018.   I have not done much in that field but that is my input....I have done a lot more SS piping then anything else in factory installation.  It is not bad work honestly....little bit of ladder/lift work....mostly prefitting/welding on stands.   I was treated well as a welder that could get good shots/ultrasounds consistently.

Good luck   sorry I don't have more experience to be helpfull with
Tommy
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 07-22-2010 01:37
A couple of hands drug our project to go to Ft. Lupton. Most of the pipe tests I've been using in the past 3 years on plant jobs have been (power plant and petro-chem) 2" XXH, 6G.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / non union companies in colorado