Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Insurance
- - By justanotherhand Date 08-06-2010 22:22
I know this has been asked in the past and I have tried calling some of the numbers but I am going to ask it again and hope for better luck this time.

What are some of the insurance companies y'all are using?

Some information to consider before you answer:
1. I am Texas resisident and have no real interest in changing my residency,
2. I am working in Pennslyvania and have contacted 2 Texas companies and they want nothing to do with work in Pa and one company here in Pa and for them to help me I would have to change my residency (which I don't want to do),
3. If Pa. doesn't work out then I will moving on to another state and will still keep my Texas residency,
4. I am looking for general liabilty insurance for my rig.

Thanks for the help guys all the numbers you give out will be greatly appreaciated.

Also I guess another questiion i have is what kind of insurance do some of y'all carry on your rigs? "General Liability", "Vehicle Insurance", etc., etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Parent - By cmays (***) Date 08-07-2010 02:54 Edited 08-07-2010 02:58
Depends on what the company requires to be a vendor,what you are doing(hot tap work, over the hole etc.) and how much you invoice doing that. My guess is youre going to be required to carry a vehicle policy to enter a lease, a GL policy, and an umbrella policy. What amounts you will need are dependant upon what I said earlier. I carry 1 mil on the trucks, 2 mil GL and 5 mil umbrella. Like I said before though it all depends on what you do,for whom, and how much you invoice doing it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Insurance