Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Info on Miller Pipe Pro 304
- - By weldingwagon Date 09-03-2002 01:19
Looking into purchasing the new Pipe Pro from Miller. They say the arc is excellent. Any input would be great

Parent - By supermechanic (**) Date 09-11-2002 17:40
If this is a straight generator machine ,I would say 'go for it'. If this particular welder is of the variety which uses rectifiers to obtain the DC , ( the welder would also have an AC welding output) Then I would want an extended trial usage before commiting to purchase.
This is my personal preference, as I find rectified current somewhat lacking when it comes to making code spec pipe joints.
I find the 'Dual Power' option very interesting, what can you tell me about it?
I hope you find this helpful, Ed.
Parent - By Mike Brace (**) Date 09-12-2002 11:32
The Pipe Pro is an inverter based machine that will be at worst as good as a generator type machine. Just because a machine is a rectifier style machine does not mean that it has AC weld output. There are many in use on pipelines in North America at this time with very few problems or complaints. The ease at which the arc can be fine tuned to the preferance of the welder is one of the biggest advantages. The light weight 1,010 lbs full of fuel and it allows you to see out the back window of your rig. The weld at low speed with out sacrificing any weld performance saves on fuel. Hope this helps.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Info on Miller Pipe Pro 304