Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / lookn for a custom 200 or short hood
- - By short stack (**) Date 09-04-2010 14:12
lookn for a new rebuilt machine  or any leads of who can build one for me thanks
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 09-04-2010 17:50
Acosta has a Fowler Mainliner for sale here on AWS. Look a couple lines down on the forum you'll see it.
Parent - By ACOSTA (*) Date 09-09-2010 22:12
call me shortstack 956 763 7041
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-03-2010 04:19
dont use bills in oklahoma city a friend of mine did on a rebuild and got hosed out of about 10 grand on his shorty. if dont believe me just call Tom Fowler and ask him how bad a job they did his machine. Heck he'll even let you see the work for yourself what kind of crap he got for 10 grand
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-03-2010 13:05
Calling Tom Fowler proves NOTHING ! That is like calling Miller and asking them about a Lincoln. Of course he will run it down. And then he will gladly sell you one of his machines. Personally, I think Bill's is the ONLY place to have work done.
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-03-2010 19:39
that may be your opion cactus but tom fowler is not the only one to have delt with this machine. im not bashing bills ,i just know how my friend was done by them. if you would like to see for yourself what kind of work has been done to the machine in question then that can be arrainged, that is if you can do it in an unbiased fashion. i dont think there is anything wrong with supporting your people at bills you just need all the facts for yourself and you are not going to get them from there side or my side you just need to see for yourself the quality of work that was recieved and paid for. i bet if it was your machine you would say the samething about them. maybe not but i know how welders are they are not very forgiveing when it comes to not getting what they paid for.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 18:07
The machine was done in 2008, my problem is I AM ALWAYS FAIR!!! I heard nothing foul from them until I sold his wifes machine. Up until then they raved about our work. Kim even spent the evening at my house. Heck I was invited to their wedding.

ONLY AFTER I SOLD HER MACHINE DID THIS TRASH START. I warned eveyone here when I put it up for sale that this was going to happen. It has been 2 YEARS. I charged them $370 for the paint job. I haven't seen the machine since the spring, so I have no idea what it looks like now or where its been since I painted it.
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-03-2010 19:58
also cactus i cant help but wonder about your pipelineing experience as i see posts about building gates and working in the rigup yards not being a smartaleck but just wondering about that do to the fact that pipeline machines are usually set up differentlly than most welding machines and that is something that bills had a problem with that is one reason that fowler had the machine
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-03-2010 21:05 Edited 10-03-2010 21:10
Well as a matter of fact, I have to start two 36" lines in Austin on the 15th of this month. I also have 4 more lines to do in Pine Bluff. I do pipe. I dont like pipe. It doesnt pay very well. Also, when building a Rig, There is TONS of High Pressure Pipe. the difference is, on a rig, the PSI can and does reach 10,000 psi on a 5" line. I know I am about to cause more than a few pair of panties to get bunched up, BUT, Pipe is not that big of a deal. I just dont like it. Not much challenge in downhill passes all day. I have said this before and I will say it again, Pipe, Plate, Angle, I-Beam....Whatever. Either you can weld, Or you can't
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-03-2010 23:31
that is wellsaid i was just curious because im sure you know everyone is welder
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-04-2010 09:26 Edited 10-04-2010 09:39
OK (rubbin hands together) my turn I have had dealings with bills for years and although never bought a machine from them or had 1 worked on by them. But i have met Kaye and bought many parts from her when i have a problem with my machine i call the shop and only talk to her and she is always right on. So you can try and bash her and the comapny all you want i have my local guy and he's good but i can get parts from kaye at half the price and yes they are the same so take your bashing ass ******** somewhere else. SORRY Ross I normally try to hide the bad language but not this time. By the way pipeliner2 i can weld anything you can. I'm not arrogant just that DAMN good. Yup now i have officially pissed somebody off let the games begin
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-04-2010 15:37 Edited 10-04-2010 15:46
im glad you are that good, i to have bought many parts from them and you are right about them being smart about trouble shooting and getting parts;that is not the rub, this is not a bashing its just to let people know what can happen.it could have been fowler,or blanchard that did the same things they did, and the outcome would be the same. im just useing this forum to make people think and do research on who they send their equipment to; my friend is not the only welder to have problems with them, there have been several other complaints that i have heard regarding them. im glad you have had good luck with them and wish you the best of luck in the future. the problem with most mechanics, is that they are not held accountable for their work; and when someone has a problem  everyone wants to come running to the mechanics rescue without knowing the whole truth. if you would like to see for yourself and use the machine that was not done right that can be arrainged and then you can make the call for yourself.also if we as welders dont hold these mechanics accountable and keep saying "oh it'll be ok, i'll just go somewhere else to have my work done" then they are not held accountable,therefore someoneelse is at risk for haveing the same problems with these mechanics.yu see it seams that these mechanics are makeing tons of money at our exspence, and who is policeing what they do to us? NO ONE thats who, no one, so think about that when you are on a job out of town and need work done i hope you get what you pay for and not get hosed. and just so you know the machine that he got hosed on wasnt built at the shop, it was built at kayes house by her husband. that come straight from her husbands mouth when they were contacted by my friend when it went down on him after 3 days of use one the right of way. in fact when he called the shop and talked to bill himself he didnt even know what machine he was talking about, and its not like you forget this machine if you or your shop built it. do you forget the work you do or can you remember it when you see it or are told about it.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 10-04-2010 16:26
Pipeliner2 all I have to say is blah blah blah... I have learned one thing from my experience in life. There are people that just love to complain about anything. And yep I have ran into several who are welders. Kaye has always helped me with my questions and I would have no problem taking any of my machines to them for repair. She is honest and I know that her father is also.
I have heard negative comments about almost every business where I live and miles beyond. So I guess I should be like you and not trust anyone because some "expert" says they are going to screw me... Hell I better start driving to Phoenix for food! Maybe you can write Obama and have him appoint a "Welding Repair Czar"... Yes that is the ticket! Just what we all need someone to Police the Welder Repair Businesses.
"and who is policeing what they do to us? NO ONE thats who, no one,"
I like living in a free country. It is comments like this and thinking like this that have and continue to flush this country down the toilet!
It also sounds like your expierience with Bill's has been positive? So why are you making negative comments about them? Are you your buddy's puppet? Let me guess you are doing this to make points with this guy because you look up to him...
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-05-2010 01:01
to reply to you welwade i hope you dont get hosed by any mechanics maybe then you will know what its like
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-05-2010 14:58
I am a mechanic and a welder! I have old SA's but I don't need to rely on someone else to fix them. For someone with your "Buddy's" ability I would suggest that you encourage him to just buy a new machine because it is very clear that neither he nor you have the ability or aptitude to keep an old machine running. This would help you both feel better at night and not have to PI$$ and MOAN about BS here on this forum.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2010 04:53
its funnt how thw price goes from 4700 to 10000 and they didnt rebuild get your S*&% stright before your start talking it and im waiting on that araange meant you make it ill be right here waiting my guess is you oh S*&%$ i mean your friend wont show to prove it
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-04-2010 16:31
Here is the Bottom Line, If your Freind did not pay his bill, He has NO right to B*tch about it !
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-04-2010 16:34
And another thing, WHY IN THE H*LL would some one put 10k into a OLD Worn out machine when they could have bought a new one ? I will tell you why, They didnt have the funds or the credit to get a new one. So, they tried to con the Mechanic  !
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-04-2010 16:35
bingo!!!
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 10-04-2010 19:33
That's exactly it another con artist wanna be which is what pipeliner2 appears to be so far or they wouldn't be hiding.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-05-2010 15:13
I'm trying to figure out what could of been done to the machine for it to coast 10,000 just for reaqpirs he says it was not built or rebuilt so what the hell got done as you all know i fix machines as well as use them and an average repair cost about 200.00. But 10,000 to repair and old machine i'd by a new 1
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-05-2010 00:54
my friend did pay his bill, his machine was paid in full long before the machine was done and another thing welding machines are like old hotrods to some people so there is your answer to why there was 10k put into the machine. its just like hotrods and harleys, why would you 10k or more into an old car or harley
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-05-2010 01:35
People who Build Old Hotrods and usually do the work theirself as a Hobby. They dont rely on them to make their living.    Bad example, have another one ?
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-05-2010 15:04
I have one more suggestion for you. Pick up your purse, take out a tissue and dry your eyes. Tell your buddy to do the same!
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 18:26
I posted the invoice. $6200. They paid $400 a month on average and paid the balance of about $3k when they picked up the machine.
Parent - - By RUSSELL (**) Date 10-04-2010 16:32
Then the machine was not rebuilt or worked on by Bill's shop.Iknow of 4 machines that came from Fowler that were not any good.It is just like Trucks there is going to be good trucks & then there are S#!^ trucks.Why do some people always want to start S#!^?
Parent - - By pipeliner2 (*) Date 10-05-2010 00:55
the machine was built by bills and used to be on their web site its the 56shorthood with flames on it
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-05-2010 01:31
I thought you said it was built by Kaye's Husband at his house ?   Quote "it was built at kayes house by her husband. that come straight from her husbands mouth"  That is NOT Bill's Shop  As far as their website, My Truck is on their Website also. It wasn't built there
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-05-2010 02:18
Cactus, Did you notice how this thread started???? All because SOMEBODY DIDN"T MAN-UP AND PAY HIS BILL untill Kaye talked about having to sell his junky welder, that they wanted to have rebuilt on somebody else's dime. My guess it's Mr. Pipeline II, only to ashamed to admit it!!!!! ( Oh it's my friend, B.S.) P.S. By the way Cactus, I'm runnin' a Miller 350 PRO, nice machine. But for strictly stick, I won't part with my sa-250!!!!! GO STEELERS 3&1!!!!!
Parent - By RUSSELL (**) Date 10-05-2010 03:09 Edited 10-05-2010 03:11
I hate when people want to blame others(needlessly)for their own laziness&stupidity.And then lie about for sympathy.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-05-2010 12:38
I was thinkin the SAME thing
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 18:14 Edited 10-08-2010 18:29
Dad knows the machines HE works on. We have 4 service techs in the shop. I can't remember every gray machine that comes thru, but I know it on site or when I see the owner.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 18:17
My ex didn't work here when Jared called on that job. It was throwing sparks out of the housing because the starter bendix wouldn't retract and stayed engaged in the flywheel. Thats when I paid to bring it back to my shop. (I misquoted on a previous post it was in MN not PA)

We arent getting rich.. and far from it. Dad made $68,000 last year and I made $30,000.. I try and be FAIR on pricing, work and service.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 18:18
I'll post our W-2's when I return from vacation
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 17:39
HERE WE GO... invoices and before and after pics....
Attachment: 2.bmp (799k)
Attachment: 1.jpg (0B)
Attachment: machines_008.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 10-08-2010 17:47
invoice page #1 Total of all work done plus lead reels, etc $6200
Attachment: jared1.jpg (0B)
Attachment: jared2.jpg (0B)
Attachment: jared3.jpg (0B)
Attachment: jared4.jpg (0B)
Attachment: jared5.jpg (0B)
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-08-2010 18:25
Kaye, I dont think, CORRECTION: I KNOW that no one in here is doubting you ! It Pisses me off when Con Artist start sh*t. We can all see very easily that when you posted on Pipeliner2, They left and have not returned ! Proof is in the pudding !
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-04-2010 16:34
short stack, I know this is an old post but I have found several machines here. it searches craigslist from a zip code and mileage from that zip. So you dont have to search every city. You can use key words and narrow the search.
http://craiglook.com
Give it a try?
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / lookn for a custom 200 or short hood