Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / House broken into.
- - By unclematt (***) Date 09-13-2010 00:55
Hello,
I haven't been on here in a while. My house was broken into last month and it took me a while to realize that; along with my laptop containing a copy of D1.1, my computer bag with my CWI stamp inside was also stolen. Do I have to go through the AWS to get a new stamp or can I go to a local place that  makes these type of stamps. I did at least get to copy D1.1, but it was nice having it on my laptop too. Hope this is not posted in the wrong place. I hope none of you all have had do deal with this, but any information will be helpful. Thanks in advance. Have a good evening.

Matt
Parent - By basecamp2 (*) Date 09-13-2010 23:22
I don't know if you could get a local stamp maker make you one, I don't see why not
I would like to have one of the old metal stamps (I'm ruff on them-use them a lot) so if you find a stamp maker who could do that I would like to put in an order. The new one crack and leek ink into your pants pocket

So sorry to hear your house was broken into. Whats a junky going to do with any code book. Lite camp fires with it?
Parent - By welderette (**) Date 09-14-2010 12:40
Hey unclematt,
You can get a replacement stamp from AWS, I had to do this once, I wore mine out testing hundreds of welders and it ran out of ink. I'm not sure but I think the AWS frowns on independantly produced  stamps.  It was around $35 a few years back.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-15-2010 19:03
Unclematt,
  You can get a replacement from AWS and I believe, as stated by "Welderette" they run about $35.00.

You can also have one made but it must be exactly like the AWS format and include the expiration date. There was a thread concerning this that you should be able to locate pretty easily with a search.

jrw159
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-15-2010 23:42 Edited 09-15-2010 23:45
Greetings one and all.  Just updating myself after returning from IN and a visit to see our new grandson.  ('Hi' John.  Nice meeting you and your wife face to face.)

Here is the link to the previous thread on getting a custom stamp made.  There are a couple of others as well, but this has the best information, provided by John- jrw, straight from the best source, AWS headquarters.

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?pid=158532;hl=CWI%20stamp

Now, I have a custom one that is a self inking similar to one I mention in the other thread.  Got it from Schwaab, Inc.

http://www.schwaab.com      800-935-9877

Sent them a copy of my stamp and a copy of the AWS logo in pdf format so they could get all the info accurate and to size with great clarity.  The red ink is a slightly different tone of red but is very close.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-17-2010 20:37
Brent,
  Thanks for coming up with that link. It was great to meet you and your wife as well! Glad you guys made it home safe and sound.

jrw159
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / House broken into.