Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / fr clothing
- - By 1mancrew (**) Date 09-21-2010 02:55
A frind of mine told me that there was company that could spray or treat ordinary work shirts and make them fr compliant. I hear they are sent back with fr tags as well. Has anyone heard of this and, if so, do you have any names or numbers.

Thanks,
GHWeidman
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 09-21-2010 04:24
carhart makes fr clothing, Most of the big companies require fr clothing up here now. pretty cheap 40.00 for pants and 60.00 for shirt. maybe this helps..regards shannon
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 09-21-2010 18:25
Yeah, that does help but I was hoping I could treat and still use the shirts I already have.  I've heard that frs are going to be required industry wide as per OSHA regs, effective Jan. 2011. Don’t know that for sure; just what I've heard. I've got several brand new Lapcos I would still like to use so if anyone has any info I would appreciate it.

GHWeidman
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 09-21-2010 23:36
I don't know what regs are coming but we have to wear FR clothing at my main work place for electrical flash protection.
The FR clothing SUCKS for welding!!

Griff
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 09-25-2010 18:31
I agree. Sparks go right through that thin material. That's why I want to be able to treat the good welding shirts I've already got and wear them.
I'm surprised nobody seems to have any info on this. I would have thought more people would be doing this by now.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-06-2010 11:31
"I agree. Sparks go right through that thin material"

Your right there, I've got one of those bsx fr welding jackets, gotta say, it ain't worth much as far as the fr goes! Osha regs huh? One more thing I don't have to worry about.....
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 09-25-2010 22:46
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 09-26-2010 21:28
Thank you!!! That is exactly what I was after. I'm going to call them tommorow and see what they say. Thanks again.

GHWeidman
Parent - By 1mancrew (**) Date 10-03-2010 18:14
Ater talking to the safety man at the company I am working for, DCP will not allow us to send shirts out to get treated. All FR's have to be tagged from the manufacturer, so anyone else thinking of doing this please check it out first.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / fr clothing