Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hot Tapping
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-13-2010 13:23
So we completed our pipeline yesterday. Rain held off til the last weld, luckily one of the guys held my umbrella over me to keep everything relatively dry! That hot tapping was some cool stuff! It was neat to see how it was all done. The other cool thing is the gas flow was never really cut off or interrupted. Got some pics of the job,
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 10-13-2010 20:40
Looks good Shawn. I will never forget the first one I helped with, it didn't have a pneumatic drive system... I got my workout for the day! Keep up the good work!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-13-2010 21:42
That's what I asked at first when I saw the handle on the top, you guy's do that by hand?? Neither of them looked like popeye, but he said no it hooks with air. He said they'll do smaller ones by hand, 3/4, 1, 2 inch. Heck, it took about 45 minutes to get done with the air, could not imagine by hand!!
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 10-13-2010 22:29
Hey Shawn, Looks good. I told you you would dig the hot tapping and stopping. I'm glad you got to be there for the whole thing. Tom
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-13-2010 23:07
Stood around most of the morning watching(ok, getting paid and watching) then worked my tail off for the afternoon cause the hot tappers had to get on the road for N.C the next day. Got them out of there around 4pm and on their way. Nice couple of guys.
Parent - - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 10-13-2010 23:10
What's that rack you have your stuff hanging on? Something you made?

Chris
Parent - - By scrappywelds (***) Date 10-13-2010 23:16
yeah cool pics, but I am also interested in the tools rack. A pic of that up close would be great.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-14-2010 00:55 Edited 10-14-2010 01:01
well, my tool rack. got tired of everything on the ground. So, took some 1/2 x 1/4 flat bar and made this to hang off my hoosier pole, found out down in the ditch with a ratchet strap it makes one heck of a holder there as well. I'll get pics in the morning. Oh, and the glorious thing, it's universal, whatever size pipe you have, I'll likely have a strap in the truck to wrap it!! LoL!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hot Tapping