Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / GTAW/ SMAW Welding without purging welding DSS/SDSS Piping
- - By Nalla (***) Date 10-25-2010 11:43
Dear Friends
Applicable Codes - ASME Sect IX & B31.3
Weld Process - GTAW / SMAW
Loooking for appropriate welding consumables and required precautions
Appreciate expert advise
Thanks
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 10-25-2010 14:13
Nalla,
With all due respect you need to do a bit of work yourself.
There are some very knowledgable people on this forum who don't mind helping someone out when they are stuck but it appears you are asking to be "spoon fed".
Do as we do, get on Google, research, research, research and when you hit a brick wall and can't find what you need - then come on here and ask and you will find plenty of people willing to help,
And why is your post titled Duplex and Super Duplex welding without purge ????????
Regards,
Shane
Parent - - By Nalla (***) Date 10-25-2010 20:58
Dear Shane
Yese the title is "Duplex and Super Duplex welding without purge"
I tried to get info from website about welding DSS / SDSS piping WITHOUT purging.It seems to get good results. Back in our yard we always to purging till hot pass completion.
Due to restrictions on tie-in joints, we thought qualifying PQR without purging.That's why i want experts advise and experience on rght consumables for GTAW & SMAW.
I need evidence that welding DSS or SDSS material without purging really works. Consumables for SS welding without purging is available but i hear different stories of the results especially on corrosion testing
I never done it before.Maybe if can pls refer the relevant website which really can provide info.
Thanks
Parent - By fschweighardt (***) Date 10-26-2010 03:01
A lot depends on why you are using duplex, do you want strength with less weight, or corrosion resistance, or both.  How severe is the corrosive environment.  There are about 20 questions that would have to be answered before anybody could really get down and dirty.  There is a ton of stuff published by duplex mfgs  filler metal mfg's, etc.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 10-28-2010 13:49
Its difficult for me to imagine someone spending all that money on duplex and then not purging it. If you have to pass a G48, forget it. Its tough enough already.
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 10-31-2010 06:30
Time to RFI the Engineer.
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / GTAW/ SMAW Welding without purging welding DSS/SDSS Piping