Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / Iranian honor
- - By m.rostami (*) Date 10-26-2010 07:46
hi my dear friends,
i really work on the purpose of cladding,and respectably request you for help me, but you spoke about politic issues of my country instead of response my question.
do you think we(iranians) havenot the right of progress??
whether science is for you just?
I'm very sorry of these words instead of Learning Science, but i hope all the people who see a vision of you.
With tributes...
Hoping for days without harboring any hatred towards.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-26-2010 10:20
M.rostami

Nobody hates you...  Nobody knows you here.

The person we do know.. Is the President of your country.   This President has sworn emnity to the U.S. and much of the west.  When terrorists harm our coutry or our citizens, the cable news networks show the world dancing for joy in the streets in your country.  I ask you; where indeed is the hatred ?

Nobody mentioned politics beside yourself..  Although some folks mentioned national security.  If technology is controlled.. You won't see it on this internet forum.

You were asked what your project was related to, and you refused to share.  With the facts mentioned above are you really surprised folks hesitate to respond to you.

For the most part you were treated professionally by the forum posters in the other threads you were involved in, even though you refused to discuss the nature of your project... I really don't see how you expect anybody to do research/work for you or even share with you references if you don't cooperate in the small way of discussing the nature of your project work.

There is work out there, published as late as 2008.  A simple internet search was all it took to find it.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-26-2010 14:29
Well put Lawrence.

I stayed out of the discussion mainly because it is outside my personal area of knowledge.  On the other hand, I learned some things from the discussion.  BUT,  more than likely, whatever you are involved in has already been done by our country and there would be much of it that would not tread on national security or compromise our personal convictions on sharing/pooling knowledge.  The sharing/pooling of knowledge is an ability unique to mankind.  Problem is that we often feel we need to reinvent the wheel for ourselves.  I commend you for seeking more knowledge and coming to this forum to ask for help.

BUT,  we need to know certain things to be of proper help and give you the advice, information, documentation you desire.   I doubt if your country is doing anything that would be considered 'new'.  But just as there are things we would not be allowed to share if any of us worked within that arena, I'm sure there could be things you can not share if you are involved in certain areas.  But there are many aspects of even the most top secret of jobs that are common knowledge and open for all. 

So, try giving the people here who have the knowledge you seek enough information to be able to answer your questions.  Unless of course this is a strictly illegal activity.  Then I see the need for TOTAL secrecy. 

This forum has been very open and patient with people from all around the world.  Getting them to use translator programs to aid us in understanding them.  Helping them with their English and sentence structure.  We are not belittling anyone, only helping them to communicate with us on our level so we better understand what they are asking or contributing.  It is, after all, and American Welding Society, in America, and mostly contributed to be Americans or other English speaking peoples.  That does place a bit of a barrier between us right away.  But not one that cannot be eroded away for the betterment of all mankind. 

I hope I have stated this well enough for you to understand, and hope that others will give you a chance to start over.  I know many of them, either personally or through this forum,  they are good people who LOVE to help others with the knowledge they have gained through the years.  Sometimes we all have an attitude, pride, ego problem that gets in the way.  Try letting down your gaurd a little.  You may be surprised how they respond to you.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 10-26-2010 17:39
m.rostami,
I'm not an American, so I won't speak as if being one. I also live in a third world, underdeveloped country like yours, so we're mates in this issue.
I've gone through your postings and relative answers in this Forum and I couldn't find any offensive opinion to Iran. Henry (ssbn), for example, included his usual long list of links for you to access, that must have been very useful to you.
Take into account that governments are one thing and countries are another.  Critizyzing governments doesn't at all mean to be offensve to the countries where those governments are.
For example, if some stranger (American, Iranian or anything else) says that Lula (the President of Brazil) is a sob and his administration is doing everything wrong, I wouldn't feel offended. As a matter of fact, that's what Brazilian opposition has said during all these years.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
- By kcd616 (***) Date 10-27-2010 01:46
mehdi,
I noticed your profile changed.
Your location is now Iraq, and not Iran.
Did you move, and why?
You ask about honor, I have honor for myself, my parents(may my father rest in peace.), my wife, my children, and my GRANDCHILDREN.
Honor is for family, and friends you respect. Not a government or country.
There have been many here who gave you information, respect and honor.
Henry, Lar, Al,and myself, to name a few.
But there is an old saying, we did not just fall off the turnip truck.
I can not speak for the rest, but I know what you want.
It is classified information.
I know the Russians are cheating your government. (Hi Vlad. ;-)  )
Just my 2 cents
Sincerely,
Kent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / Iranian honor