Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / decorative balusters
- - By EVWELDER (**) Date 10-26-2010 20:57
I am looking to buy some decorative balusters to make a few rails for a staircase. does anyone know where I can order these online that are at a reasonable price I have checked here locally and they want an arm and a leg to buy these? Any help would be great I do not know any sizes yet just trying to get ideas and quantity will depend on style and size. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 10-26-2010 21:05
Hello EVWELDER, check with www.kingmetals.com, they appear to have a very large selection, not quite sure about their prices. My teaching partner used to do a bit of handrail work and has purchased from them in the past. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-27-2010 00:37
The stuff from King is pretty inexpensive, no way in hell anything made in America could be sold at those prices.

King is the big supplier of all that stuff, short of custom making [or having it custom made] what You need, I don't know of any alternatives.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-28-2010 14:49
I use King alot good pricing, fast shipping and good customer service. There is also another place called Architectural Iron, believe they are around New Jersey. They have a bunch of stuff also and balusters can be from a few dollars to several hundred each. Another place I have dealt with is Lawler down in Alabama, but to order from them you have to be an approved business(fill out paperwork etc) to get pricing/catalogs. King will have pretty much anything you need though. I've been out looking at gates other guys have built and the client wants a smaller walk gate that is similar. One look thru the King catalog and find out other than the tube around the gate everything else was from King. Makes it easy to duplicate that's for sure. Here you go,

http://www.kingmetals.com/

http://www.archirondesign.com/search.asp

Have not dealt with Architectural Iron as of yet but have used some of their products during the design/bid stages but then clients get a shock. They start out with grand ideas, so you design a grand idea and then the price usually makes them say, "not right now". Get the whole beautiful design, love the gate, would like it but just gonna go with wood right now. Anyhow, more than you needed. Hope the links help out.

Shawn
- - By EVWELDER (**) Date 10-27-2010 01:43
Thank you guys I will check them out maybe I will have some luck!
Parent - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 10-27-2010 02:59
King is the way to go fast shipping fair prices too
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / decorative balusters