Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / (4) Acorn/Weldsale Style Platen Welding Tables (5’x5’) $1500
- - By msl14 Date 10-29-2010 22:12
Hi, just thought I'd post this here and see if any of you guys were interested.

For sale are four platen tables for $1500 each OBO. I will consider trades or partial trades, trucks, tools or equipment are always good. I am not sure who the manufacturer was but the company I got them from said they thought they were Acorn or Weldsale. But typically they would have a name on their tables which is why I think they were made by a different company. I know there used to be other manufacturers that made these though. They are all 5’x5’ and around 4.5”/4.75” thick, the holes are 1.5”. These weigh about 2000 lbs each and the stands are around 100 or 200 lbs.

They are in decent shape although they are used and have some dirt and rust. There are a couple gouges from grinders and stuff. I have a stand that goes with each of these however the stands are in poor condition and have been raised so that the surface sits about 36” off the ground. In the last picture the bottom left corner shows where I took a wire brush and lightly took some of the dirt off, it wouldn't take much to clean the whole table up. They are being stored outside however I cover them with two tarps to make sure that they don't get wet.

I encourage you to look at the prices of these things new, they sell for around $6000 with a stand.
Both manufacturers listed above make tooling for the table however I do not have any to include with the table. The tooling is kind of expensive so if it were me I would make my own out of bar stock.

If you have any questions please email me at msl14@scasd.org
I’m located in State College, PA

**Buyer is responsible for loading, however I will help in any way I can. When I was moving these I used an engine hoist and some chains. One of them tipped over and bent the engine hoist but I will be getting a new one soon.

**About trades,I am specifically looking for an old transformer TIG welder (Miller 330A/BP, 330st, Dialarc HF, Lincoln Idealarc 300/300, etc...) A Syncrowave would be great though. I would also be interested in other welding machines/accessories. I'm also looking for a pickup truck, maybe we could work out a partial trade or maybe someone wants more than one table.

Thank you
Parent - - By msl14 Date 10-29-2010 22:13

Parent - By msl14 Date 11-06-2010 14:34
bump
Parent - By msl14 Date 12-19-2010 16:14
SOLD
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / (4) Acorn/Weldsale Style Platen Welding Tables (5’x5’) $1500