Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Underwater Welding...???
- - By larkkuan Date 09-24-2002 03:49
I am a second year student at a local college for Architecture & Structural Engineering, but I am thinking of becoming an Underwater Welder. Where would I go for such education and training, and what are the possibilities of the field?
Parent - By don (**) Date 10-02-2002 19:39
Oceanographic Institute
Houston Texas

Been there, Its great
dont settle for a substitute

By the way, all teacher there are past divers and must spend time each year in the trade.
Parent - By gndchuck (**) Date 10-08-2002 12:40
There are a few schools out there that just do underwater welding training. But I believe that you have to have commercial dive experience, or at least been to school for commercial diving, but don't quote me on that. The one school that I recall right off hand is Hydroweld, I believe that it is in south florida. There are several school overseas that also teach wet welding. I've been wet welding for 5 years in the gulf of mexico. I do maybe 8 to 10 wet welding jobs a year. As far as the possibilities, if you're not going to become a commercial diver, I don't think that you'll have much success. Good luck.

Chuck
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Underwater Welding...???