Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / extension cord
- - By mcavana (**) Date 09-28-2002 22:18
were can one purchase a 220v extension cord? it would be for my lincoln 175 mig welder.
Parent - By Jay Krout (*) Date 09-29-2002 03:28
Mac: You can probably make it youself, just go too your local welding supply and tell them what for ends you need for your cord, a good elecrical supply center should have the wire, they probably would have the ends too. It's a whole lot cheaper than gettin one already made up--and it gives you something to do on an otherwise boring Saturday morning:). I should have a boring Sat morning sometime. Hope this helps J Krout
Parent - By Goose (**) Date 09-29-2002 13:06
I went to my local electrical supply and got the parts to make my own extension cord to use with my Lincoln Squarewave 175 Pro and also the Miller 251 Millermatic I just bought.

I used 6awg wire specifically made for extension cords. It's highly flexible. I also used a large metal box to house the female end receptacle as the plastic cover jobs break too easily from being moved/dropped/kicked around. I think I had about $100 or so invested in the cord total.
Parent - By Chazyo2 Date 10-01-2002 05:51
I went to Lowes and got 25 ft of 6 or 8 awg flexible about .50 a ft. and a plastic receptal box and a 220v plug. I did this about 3yrs ago now and don't remember the cost. I'm sure it wasn't over a $100. Or you can try Home Depot.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / extension cord