Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / linde 250hf tig welder
- - By yalisan (*) Date 09-29-2002 04:11
Based on info that i read on the net i bought a linde 250hf tig welder, i have not received it yet but the seller now tells me it is 220V 3 ph unlike everything i read on the net, does anyone know if they came in 2 different types 220v 1ph and 220v 3 ph? i was planning on using this at home and of course i dont have 3 ph power at home.
Parent - By dee (***) Date 09-30-2002 13:20
Hello,
Contact Linde; they should maintain a web site or at least an 800 telephone number.

It may also be possible to wire yours presently being delivered to accept the single phase. Ask their advice. Perhaps questions about warranty may arise and should also be addressed while speaking to the factory.

I guess ALL specs should be verified before ordering equipment. Thanks for the "heads-up". I'm sure we'll all take that under advisement.

Good luck
d
Parent - - By jfolk (**) Date 09-30-2002 13:48
I am not aware of an AC/DC constant current (CC) power supply which is not single phase input. DC only-yes. Linde changed to L-Tec, then ESAB, check out ESAB North America on the web and look at the equipment, especially the Heliarc 252 AC/DC machine.
Parent - - By yalisan (*) Date 10-01-2002 23:51
Hey guys, thanks for your replies and advice. This is a great forum because of people that are willing to help others.
Parent - By yalisan (*) Date 11-03-2002 00:07
finally received the machine and it turns out it is single phase, lucky me.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / linde 250hf tig welder