Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Go Steelers
- - By joe pirie (***) Date 12-18-2010 03:11
I was just getten the hang of finding my way around newyork  and
the company is sending me to a fab shop in pittsburgh for a couple months
at least now i can cheer for a good team  the jets suck lol
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 12-18-2010 03:20
JP , Welcome to Pittsburgh, alot nicer than NYC.  IMHO   Any ? just ask JOE !!!!!!!   PITTSBURGH, HOME OF THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE NFL, THE STEELERS
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-18-2010 07:18
Good Lord man. You could have just cheered for the (shudder) Giants. Now you are in (almost cant type such loathsome, wretched words) Steeler Country. Pity. But I do hope the job works out well for you! :-)
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-18-2010 15:08 Edited 12-18-2010 15:10
How about them cowboys Rick??? Btw, Weldcome back!!!:) :) ;)

Well, there's always next year buddy! ;)

Hey Joe, where in the "Burgh" are you gonna be?

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 12-18-2010 19:37
i'll be staying at brady,s run grille in Falston. They havent told me the name of the shop yet.
is that a decent area
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-19-2010 02:12 Edited 12-19-2010 02:16
Looks pretty good to me... What do you think according to this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallston,_Pennsylvania

http://www.grandvalleyinn.com/bradysrungrille/

Btw, you're only about 45 minutes from me towards the west from where I'm at... PM me when you get there. Joe Kane may know which shop you'll be working at since he also knows the area from working nearby last year or the year before... Anywho, keep in touch Joe. :) Finally, there's a nuke on the Ohio river nearby called The Beaver Valley Nuclear Electrical Generating Station not too far from Fallston FWIW.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 12-19-2010 07:31
would love to get together and pick your brain  after 30 years i still learn every day

im looking forward to the challenge this job presents and i plan to take full advantage of the opportunity
that awaits me. thank you for your knowledge and willing ess to share  Joe
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-19-2010 16:36 Edited 12-19-2010 16:38
Hi Joe!

Thanks for those kind words... I found this article covering staggered trusses and in it, Littell Steel is mentioned on starting on page 71 (4 of 6) in the .pdf article...
You may find it interesting:

http://www.whysteel.org/uploadedData/271484_final.pdf

Hey Smooth, I didn't know you lived so close by in Monaca when I was living in Moon last year...
All three of us got to get together soon and talk shop - CAPECHE???

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 12-19-2010 15:16
JP , Brady's Run Grille in Fallston is a REAL small town, right across street is another bar (sports bar) next to you is a veterinary hospital, dance studio, boat repair/storage yard, closest fab. shop is Littel Steel about 1/4 mile down road across bridge on right. They specialize in making HUGE TRUSSES as in many airport / stadium designs that are now popular. Fallston is in about as safe an area you can get ( IT AIN'T NYC)  My shops about 5 miles away in Monaca, need anything let me know!!!!! Pittsburgh: Home of the MOST SUPER BOWL winnin' team dem' STILERS !!!!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Go Steelers