Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What a year
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-25-2010 13:25
It's been one heck of a year around my nano small business! Looking over my finacials and the biz has done over $35,000 this year!!! I know that is a small job for some of you guys but for me, three years in that's great! Another year like that and I can be an "official small business" for the government contracts! Finished off the year with two phone calls from some places to do repairs at some large chain stores, another perverbial foot in the door.

Got to say thank you to everyone on here that has offered advise, helped out and for all the great threads I have learned so much from. Hopefully the new year brings more opportunities for me and my new best friend, Sa250, and chances to meet more of you guys out in the field. Tommy, John, Al, Henry, Kaye, Cactus, Brian and others who have answered questions thru messages, on the phone without hesitation to help out. To Eric, a guy who has fielded several phones calls from me with the opening line, "Let me ask you something" and has not hesitated to help out with advise and information.

I can't thank everyone enough for the information, opportunities. So thank you again to everyone here!!! Hope ya'll have a great Christmas and an even better New Year!! I hope to meet up with more of you out there and one day be working side by side on a pipeline, a rig or crawled up in some nasty boiler.

Shawn Kelly
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-25-2010 16:16
Congrats Shawn,  just keep up the good work and keep learning.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-30-2010 07:46
Congrats its always good to have a prosperous year i know i miss running my rig
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-30-2010 12:41
You find yourself a truck yet Shad? I've seen a couple dual wheel trucks around here for sale. Got a real nice Ford about 30 minutes from me extended cab but probably wanting 10k or better for it, another one I found old chevy might not make it out of the state on it's own power!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-02-2011 19:17
yea i picked up a short wheel base crew cab 3/4 ton chevy not what i wanted but its wheels for now when i get time im gonna try n figure out how to rig it but not in a real hurry its kinda dead for me
- - By Fritz T Katt (**) Date 12-25-2010 17:31
Nice to hear you are doing well.

I too am learning much from this forum, it's a great community with very knowledgeable people.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-04-2011 04:36
CONGRATULATIONS  Shawn!!!!    You just keep the hood down and before you know it you will be doing that every 1-2 months!  Keep building that reputation and it will come to you.

Proud for ya man
Tommy
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What a year