Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lock your trucks
- - By rcwelding (***) Date 01-19-2011 18:01
I had a buddy of mine get his rig truck stolen last night.. I live in a small town..!! Its not a common thing but it still happened..

He had it locked and in a well lighted aria..

People are getting desperate..!!

RC
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-24-2011 20:31
Was it a welding rig?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-24-2011 20:43
Nope, It was a Amish Horse and Buggy !
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-24-2011 21:41
Those are easy to steal
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 01-25-2011 00:23
Ya when the horse started crapping on the highway they decided to ditch it..!! LOL

No it was an 06 Ford 450 flatbed with built in boxes..

The boxes had good locks on them so he didn't loose his tools just some small stuff in his cab and he has to replace the ignition switch and parts of the steering column... Said it looked like they jammed a tire iron in it or something.. I haven't seen it yet..

He's just happy more stuff wasn't torn up and he got it back..!!!

RC
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-25-2011 01:51
lol glad he got it back
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 01-25-2011 02:08
Man how are you doing Short stuff..??  I haven't seen you on here in a while... Is that job getting any better..??

Did you ever get to scroll through those pictures and see those 3/4ton rig truck pictures on that site I sent you..??  Some of them were pretty cool for a 3/4 ton..!!

Hope things are going good for you..!!

RC
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-25-2011 05:54
Nothing changed on that job i went for a check up on my ear and doc said come back in 2 months and he cud prolly fix it in the office damn i wanted surgery get it fixed rig out and roll out im sick of that mine the bennys aint that great as we thought and im still passing out wrenches what a waste of talent i never could find the pics on that sit i gave up i spend alot of time on face book i got tired of the cry babys in here
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 01-25-2011 14:17
Dang that stinks..!!  Is there any option to go get a second opinion from another Doc..???   Nothing worse than being at a job you hate getting paid less than you are worth and putting up with crap..!!

Hope something works out for you soon man..!!!

When you do get rigged back out make sure Cactus is welding on your def side so that way you can claim you don't hear him..LOL..!!!

RC
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-26-2011 21:50
I never listen to him anyway lol
- - By Skaggydog (**) Date 01-19-2011 20:20
a well lighted aria..

A spotlight performance?
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 01-19-2011 21:14
LOL... Lets put it this way... In a commercial parking lot of a business that is running 24hr a day with a security guard driving around off and on, all while parked under a light pole with 3 lights on it...

He just called me a few min ago and said they found it on the side of the highway..  I didn't know what was missing or torn up yet..!!!

Crazy people..!!!

RC
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-20-2011 21:45
Boy, that's my biggest fear. Had a motorcycle stolen from me while I was in Japan, used a bubble gum wrapper to hot wire it of all things. I hated that feeling, I was mad, worse when I paid the note on it and did not have it. Somebody steels my truck they better wreck it and die in it cause I'm likely to kill them myself if they don't.
Parent - - By weldstudent (**) Date 01-23-2011 17:34
At least he got the truck back. On Dec. the 21st someone broke into my garage and stole ALL of my welding and hand tools. When I filled out the police report I gave approximate prices and when I totaled them up I lost around $10,500 worth. I call the detective every week but they have found nothing.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 01-23-2011 20:25
Burglar Alarm Siren with battery back up and high intensity lights on my garage.  2 attempted breakins with 1 arrest.  Paid $1600 for the setup and it's the best tool insurance i can think of.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-23-2011 20:37
Security Gate with Motion Activated Cameras. 12 Gauge, 308 Target Tactical and a 160 lb. Rott. No Known Attempts !
Parent - By weldstudent (**) Date 01-23-2011 21:16
good defence i like the 1911 .45 only issue there is i need to be home and awake, O and the biggest drawback, only 8 rounds. But it makes nice holes. LMAO. i need a good dog.
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 01-23-2011 22:15
Forgot to mention the arrest was caused by 2 bean bags rounds from my 12 gauge.
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 01-23-2011 23:42
weldstudent, You might want to watch Craigslist for your town and ebay too. You may see your stuff and the cops could bust them.
Parent - - By weldstudent (**) Date 01-24-2011 00:06
look every few days, we just have LAZY cops
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-25-2011 01:48
I still like the idea of a neon transformer hooked up to the alarm/body.....10,000 volts if you touch it wearing anything but linemans gloves and boots.  I would do it if it were not for all the dang lawyers, judges and silly laws.  Not enough current to kill ya, but enough voltage to make that hand or finger seriously tender.'

Just as an aside for your shops/homes....you do not need to pay an alarm company $$$ to rig you up unless you want monitoring.  You can get night/day infrared cameras (good quality) that hook up to your pc for recording + alarm systems that are very easy to install on the cheap.  Just look at flea bay....most of it is standard security stuff except for the 500% markup.  Now there is no substitute for a professionally installed system...but if your handy you can rig everything for under 1.5K unless you have a ton of windows/property.  Battery backups on the pc and cameras, battery backup on the horn. 

BTW  I agree, a good ole 1911 is a great hole puncher.  I am fond of a .40 Ruger myself.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-25-2011 02:06
My brotherinlaw gave Me some big old neon sign transformers when I was a kid, pretty sure the output would be lethal. They made some bad ass Jacob's ladders.

I am pretty sure they would blow all the electronics on a modern vehicle.

As a kid, I had a Model "T" buzz ignigtion coil hooked up to the chasis and a ground chain on an old farm truck with runningboards. Just push the button & shock anybody that tried to get on.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-25-2011 04:40
Hey Dave,  the current could be shunted to less then lethal proportions.  The entire body would have to be isolated, lots of grounds to move etc.....not practical and a major hassle...probably bad for your paint job too.....but seeing that first j*&%^&^ss laying his hands on your stuff would almost be worth the effort.  I would not mind having a neon transformers laying round to play with...thought about a Jacob's ladder for Halloween but you got to keep the kids hands away so I did not do it.  Seen some neat videos involving the transformers and a bit of natural gas...flaming ladders! lol
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-25-2011 05:38
I had'nt thought about adding fire to the Jacobs Ladders, that 2-3' long arc was enough for Me.

If You happen across a Model "T" buzz coil, they are great fun. On the "T" they run up to about 20 VAC when powered by the engine, they work great from a train transformer.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lock your trucks