Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / cell phones
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 01-23-2011 01:44
i keep getting grinder shavings on the speaker magnet on my cell, it makes it very difficult to understand what people are trying to say to me.
i tried to put a piece of tape over the vent for the speaker but that was like setting the volume on half i couldn't hear.

to clean the metal off of the speaker is a real pain in the a$$ i have to remove the board in the phone to get to it

any ideas other that leaving it in the truck
Parent - By Nitesky (**) Date 01-23-2011 02:27
I was told about the possibility of this happening sooooo . . . I keep my phone in a zip-lock bag.  Works for me :)
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-23-2011 02:58
I have my phone in a case called an "Otter Box" It stays on the phone all the time and protects it from everything
Parent - By strother (***) Date 01-23-2011 03:14
I need to know more about the "Otter Box".
Parent - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 01-23-2011 04:24
The otter box is the best thing sence sliced bread
Parent - By BKinBA (**) Date 01-24-2011 17:49
I had my iPhone 3GS in an Otter Box. The only thing that I found that the Otter Box wouldn't stand up to was being run over by a forklift. I had it in it's belt clip when I was stepping up into the back of the truck while loading a welding machine and my shirt tail pulled the phone out of the clip. By the time I realized it was on the ground, it was roadkill. My new iPhone is in a Ballistic Case. The belt clip for it has a "possitive lock" feature so I won't have to worry about this one falling out.
Parent - By J Hall (***) Date 01-23-2011 03:02
I use an O ring pick to get the filings out. They get magnetized and will go to the pick. An air hose will get them too.
Parent - By okwelder82 (***) Date 01-25-2011 23:49
I have an otterbox on my Android phone and it is the best thing out there. A friend of mine has one on his iphone and accidentally ran it over with one of our tractors this past summer and it still worked. The only weak spot is the screen. If you run it over with the screen up its going to break it and they are not waterproof.
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 01-23-2011 03:51
thanks for the idea its a cool looking product but they dont cover my phone

http://www.otterbox.com/
Parent - - By hillbilly (**) Date 01-23-2011 15:54
Another "Otterboxā€¯ fan here. Its definitely a phone saver.
Parent - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 01-24-2011 04:19
I have used pelican cases for some electronics at different times. We did some contract work for the Navy and that was the only case they said we could use if we wanted them covered in case of an accident.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / cell phones